OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I wanted to say hi all- I’ve lurked for years and am finally contributing 😊. I’m a NE Ohioan who has jumped off the deep end with my cheeps this year 😂. I wondered if anyone might be interested in my ‘extras’. (All these are from GFF directly) I have a 5 month old Gold Deathlayer cockerel, 5 month old Black Mottled Pita Pinta cockerel and pullet, 5 month old Bantam Bielefelder cockerel, a 5 month Schijdnelaar cockerel, and 9 Ayam Cemani that are about 4 months, 4 girls 5 boys only 1 boy has slight white leakage the others are all breeder quality. I’ve decided they’re little black devils and we’re not keeping them LOL. I had one AC for years and she was fine, held her own, but a whole flock of ‘em is not for me.

Hi fellow Ohioans! Just wanted to share a picture of my beautiful Buckeye breed pullet. Her name is Donna and she should start laying any day now.

signal-2023-08-19-21-27-08-919.jpg

For those of you who may not know, the Buckeye breed originated in Warren, Ohio and is also the first and only breed created by a woman. Buckeye genes were actually used to create the now popular RIR breed. This is my first Buckeye but so far I really like her. She has beautiful, glossy mahogany feathers with black tips around the neck and on the tail. She is very sweet, but a bit timid in the flock.

I think the Buckeye should be our state bird! Anyone else on here keep Buckeyes in their flock?

Did everyone come through the storms ok? Our county fair is closed today, all the barns flooded and need mucked out. Vendor tents blew over and are scattered all over the fair grounds. Two of my sisters and my mom flooded. We have a roof leak. Nasty weather and it's still storming

Did everyone come through the storms ok? Our county fair is closed today, all the barns flooded and need mucked out. Vendor tents blew over and are scattered all over the fair grounds. Two of my sisters and my mom flooded. We have a roof leak. Nasty weather and it's still storming
That's a bummer about the fair and all your flooding. We also had our basement flood up here in Cleveland, and a lot of people around here had the same problem. I spent all yesterday ripping up carpet, shop vacuuming up water, moving things out of the basement, and setting up fans everywhere. We even rented one of those high-powered fans from Home Depot. I'm hoping we got ahead of the mold but we'll see. I hope you and your family's homes are alright. Last night was nasty here too with the tornado warning!

That's a bummer about the fair and all your flooding. We also had our basement flood up here in Cleveland, and a lot of people around here had the same problem. I spent all yesterday ripping up carpet, shop vacuuming up water, moving things out of the basement, and setting up fans everywhere. We even rented one of those high-powered fans from Home Depot. I'm hoping we got ahead of the mold but we'll see. I hope you and your family's homes are alright. Last night was nasty here too with the tornado warning!
We had a tornado warning also. But not nearly as much rain. Hope you got ahead of the mold, that's nasty stuff

Back
Top Bottom