OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Moving to Bucyrus over the next few weeks and will get my chickens then! I'm starting with some sebrights, some jap bantams, a couple silkies and a couple leghorns, as well as some guineas.

Quote:
I too am concerned about that noose. It's really sad (not trying to create conspiracy) that it seems we are being forced to be reliant on factory farms, govt, big business for our most basic needs. Sad, sad, sad. I moved to Ohio from VA where I was threatened with eviction for having a small container garden on my front porch. It looked nice, presentable, and was best of all functional
sad.png

Hello Again fellow Ohioians!

I live in Lakewood, we are not allowed to have chickens. I am fighting for the right to have them and I need help. We are in the process of writing a proposal for a few of us to keep backkyard hens as a pilot project AND Then we have to write an ordinance!
I need to have answers to a few questions. So please help or point me in the right direction if you can.

1. If someone decided they don't want hens any more is there any place in NE ohio that takes in hens or unwanted Roosters?
2. If we are forbidden from processing chickens in our yards or garages, does anyone know of a location in NE Ohio (Lakewood is near Cleveland) that might do it?
3. If we are not allowed to compost droppings in our yard (Yes Lakewood sucks!) Can you just throw chicken poop away? Health hazards?

Thanks Ohio! Wish us luck with this, I don't wanna be an outlaw much longer
wink.png

Will also post in ordinance section...

Hi all! Just popping in again. Still looking for a home, preferably one that allows chickens. Our last house was a major fixer-upper, so you'll forgive us for not wanting to go through that again. If any of you know of a nice house in a chickie-friendly area, please let me know!

That said, now that we're here—does anyone in the Columbus area sell eggs? Right now we're living in the Easton area. I've only a few eggs from my wonderful Pennsylvania farmer left.
hit.gif
I'd be happy to patronize someone here rather than the eggs from sad imprisoned chickens I can find in the supermarket.

Also...any ideas on where I can obtain raw milk? Thanks, Buckeyes!

Hello!! I am in Canton, Ohio home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I have 2 chickens for now. I know one is a hen for sure...she laid her first egg last Sunday. The other we seem to be unsure if its a female. No crowing or spurs...mounts the hen...no large tails feathers, no saddle feathers or hackle feathers...large red comb but not too large.

Hey everyone my names Chris im here in Mansfield, OH. Were right between columbus and cleveland. Im currently chickenless :hitbut not from lack of trying-im on day 20 of my second hatch attempt I love this site and im hoping for better luck on my hatch this time around... Is anyone going to the Richland county fair?!

Back
Top Bottom