Ohio Issue 2

The voters have spoken, what is done is done. Time will tell as to the long-term impact to the State's public-sector employees. If the current projections of revenue come to pass, there will be some interesting choices needing to be made in the next budget year. Many tax renewal issues passed, fewer new tax levies passed. The pot of public money is going to run out sometime soon.

Oh yes, we overwhelmingly passed Issue 3, by the way!

I was sad to see it passed.All the levies I turned down also passed,so that means dh will be paying more taxes all around.I wish he got cash *under the table* so to speak. I am tired of dh paying for others free healthcare and pension plans.

Our local school got a levy passed last year to build 2 new school buildings.Now thewy are saying another year and they will need a levy to cover the school budget.We don't even use their pathetic system. I want to move!

The state collects what is referred to as sin taxes. I have no problem selling alcohol but do have a problem with the state regulating the sale through state controlled liquor stores. Now in Wa. any store with 10,000 sq. ft. can sell alcohol. Like California. Oregon is next.
Quote:

Issue 2 wasn't about not having enough money because of public sector workers. It was about punishing the unions and taking away collective bargaining rights because unions typically support democrats. Purely political.

Quote:
roll.png
sigh, it was also about public employees getting automatic raises each year, regardless of the financial health of the public entity paying the bills and the actual performance of the individuals. As well as individuals paying health and retirement contributions more in line with the public sector (post election polling shows this aspect of SB 5 has wide general support)

It DID NOT take away ALL collective bargaining rights, just limited what was covered.

And don't forget about the video released of a head of the national teachers unions stating he would begin to care about the kids when they started paying union dues.

And don't forget $20 million of union money came into this State to fight SB 5. Where'd that cash come from?

Back
Top Bottom