Ohio Issue 2

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
Hello everybody in Ohio,
Tomorrow is voting day, as you have been hearing on the radio, about issue 2 is that, your safety is a risk if you vote yes, this is not true, this is the attempt by the unions to have major control. I am a union worker (not a public union worker though) Unions, now a days are a sham. I know a lot of people out believe they have to have a union, to work, most unions take your money and save the jobs of lazy workers and do nothing for you. I myself HAVE to pay union dues and hate it. The only time I've gone to our union was when there was unfair overtime practices, and they told me that is how it is, you have lower seniority. (I was forced to work 3 12hr shifts in a row.) But anyways back to the Issue 2, before you vote PLEASE READ FOR YOURSELF WHAT THIS BILL REALLY IS!!!!!!! Not what the unions are telling you, people are brainwashed by unions, they use scare tactics and it works. Those commercials you are all hearing, are paid for through union dues, that all union employees pay monthly. What you don't know is what is in the bill, they are trying to get you to believe it will put your safety at risk, this is not true. Here is a link PLEASE BE INFORMED BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO VOTE NO, in all reality you should vote YES,
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Ohio_Senate_Bill_5_Veto_Referendum,_Issue_2_(2011)
This
probably won't be a nice thread, but everyone needs to be heard on so please be nice in what you have to say. It is true that, The Columbus Dispatch, The Cleveland Plain Dealer, The Intelligencer Wheeling News-Register, The Warren Tribune Chronicle, The Cincinnati Enquirer, The Findlay Courier, and The Canton Repository all support Issue 2. Where as only 3 others do not.
Don't be swayed by the Unions propaganda, read for yourself, as with all unions they use scare tactics to get what they want. It is for the future of Ohio, in the long run it will make us safer and have better teachers that care.
Just my two cents.
VOTE YES

Please do not bypass the language censors, especially to flame

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree this need a vote of YES.......first just about every bussiness had to make big cuts, most employee have taken cuts , payed more of their heath care. So why should the State employees not have to do so also. Police and fire fighter are a small part of this......we just about had a big strike with local school teachers.....sorry its a hard time for alot of us....not a time we should have to pay more to our State employees. IMO

From what I can tell from conversations in this area, if firefighters and police had been excluded under State Bill 5 (that issue 2 addresses), it would have a much better chance.

Watch for layoffs soon

On the one hand, I'd like to support our PD and FD and give them what they want. On the other, I was one of seven employees at my company who voted against unionizing, and now I'm one of over three hundred who regrets ever hearing about them. Employees do not negotiate a contract. The union and the company get together and write one up. The union has no idea what policies and pay scales are already in place, so they don't know if they are negotiating in favor of the workers or not. Also, they collect the same dues regardless. When the contract is written, the union calls all the workers together, hands out copies, gives us about ten minutes to read it and ask questions, and then they call for a vote. The employees did not negotiate for anything; we had to take it or leave it. By this time, there was so much manufactured distrust and fear between the company and the employees, most people were afraid to reject the contract. Even if everyone realized that they were getting a bad deal, our only recourse was to strike, and who wants that? Unless government workers are getting a better version of a union than I got, they don't know what they're asking for....

I agree. I hope it gets repealed but am doubting it. If it does I will be very interested in seeing what the immediate results are and if there is a massive number of people quitting their jobs to punish us for not doing what they want.

Be informed totally, before everyone votes on the issue. The campaign's contributions against this Issue is mainly funded by the Unions
AFSCME International $1,000,000
Communications Workers of America $1,000,000
AFL-CIO State Battles $750,000
National AFL-CIO $750,000
Does that tell you something!!!!

Last edited:
if the NOs win , then Other State fund will be cut, or a tax increase will be nexts...

Really so many jobs have been lost in Ohio.....millions of income taxes have been lost.......yet we just had school teacher ready to strike....why because they need a raise...and full Medical benefits.......SORRY us taxes payers can't keep giving when we are getting cut in our pay, and benefits.

They have been trying to scare everyone , we will still be just as safe.

Quote:
Totally with you. If you go to BYC home at the top. I'm pretty sure those of us from Ohio will see a sponsored advertisement. I saw it when I went to the home page. Try it deerman and let me know if you see it too.
Michele

Like to say no matter which side people are on.....the great thing, it has been put up for a vote by the people.......i'm sick of our lawmaker can't work together........maybe alot more thing should be put up to a vote.

Back
Top Bottom