Ohmygod no...missing duck. :(

i really hope she turns up
hugs.gif
! i'd hate to lose any of our flock in a snowstorm...
sad.png
good luck
fl.gif

Quote:
I know, and to think he tried the first time in the middle of the day, where people could see him. The neighbor was really upset and had tried to make it clear he was to leave the ducks alone. That and about a month and a half ago I heard my ducks making a ruckus, and came out to find three teenagers grabbing them and carrying them, and laughing. I hollered at them, and they threw one of my ducks and ran away. I put my dog on a leash and walked to the back of the property line and found them hiding behind trees, until finally they ran off across the field and out of sight. People are screwed up these days.

I just came on and was so hoping you would have good news that you had found her. ..I am so sorry about this I know you are heart broken. I am heart broken for you. It's good that the police are being cooperative. I just hope with the posting around the neighborhood and talking to people maybe you get some leads. Another place is if you only have one feed store like we do maybe tell them what has happened and maybe they can be on the lookout for someone new coming in to buy feed. Also maybe they would let you post a flyer. And about the teenagers, theres another possible place to start looking if you know who they are maybe you could ask them some questions, Listen 2 teen agers stole 2 swans from a retirement community and took the out of state then bragged about it and someone turned them in the 2 swans were recovered and given back to the Retirement Com. so nothing is impossible.....still praying.
fl.gif
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Thanks. I really appreciate the support. I have spent the last couple days feeling like a horrible duck mom. I wish I could have been there to help her, regardless of what happened. It stinks knowing I was RIGHT HERE, and something happened.

Most people in my area do not have livestock or ducks to feed. When my husband was laid off, we had to move out of our nice country home, and back to the city to stay at our family home (had been using it as a rental property.) This area used to be a big farming area when my great grandparents built this home. Now that I've moved in, it's really become more city. We're one of the few properties here with acreage. We're kind of the talk of the neighborhood with our ducks. Most of the neighbors are great, and love the ducks, and truly seem to enjoy them. But outside of my nice farmy 3 acres, it's really city all around us. Anyone else around here with a duck would surely stick out like a sore thumb if they didn't hide it.

I will post one of the flyers with the closest feed store just in case.

Thats what might help is if someone sees a flyer, and knows someone just happens to have a new duck then just maybe they'll get in touch with you. I hope so. Your not a bad duckie mom, things happen that are beyond our control, you will just have to be more vigilant with those that are left, and hope that Izzy will still get to come home. Now that you know there are people out there who could care less about your property and would come in broad daylight and do something like this if thats what happened, it's a sad world we're in.
hugs.gif

I must say that I was hoping for good news about your duck that possibly she was back home with you -having read comments here it seems as if she may have been abducted and I can only hope that whoever has taken her returns her safely to you in your loving home - I do hope that you have a positive outcome to your heartache, all I want to hear is that she is back home to her family where she belongs! I know that I would be feeling terrible if any of mine were taken, my heart goes out to you at this difficult time - you are a great Mum so don't devalue yourself - we all know here that you are the best! Keep searching, explore every avenue as we are all sure that you will - never give up hope......!!!

Suzie
hugs.gif

maybe also keep check on craigslist and maybe offer a reward for safe return. there is a house not far from us that seems to make a business out of rewards for lost pets. they have several small pens and have developed a reputation for "finding" animals that have nice rewards offered. hope you find your baby safe.

It wasn't your fault. Things happen that are beyond our control, despite our best efforts. You took wonderful care of her, and I hope you get her back soon.
fl.gif

Last edited:
How are things going? I bet you're busy putting out posters and things, so I'm just going to keep
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom