Ok, Do I go with beauty or braun???

Owing to how young they still are, you should probably keep both until there is a reason to get rid of one of them. I don't think it would be difficult to get rid of either bird, but it's difficult to say what their behavior will be like once hormones kick in a little more. You may decide that one of them is too aggressive, or that one of them crows constantly, is too rough with the girls, etc. Either one of them would be a good choice to keep.

You all are so great! Another discussion with Dh, going over all these chicken expert opinions - and we have decided to wait a couple of more weeks to see if there is a clear winner! No one is fighting - and the older hens are keeping them very much in line.... You folks rock!!!!

Quote:
Yep, I have thought about that ! If I get rid of one - and the one I keep ends up mean! I won't put up with a mean rooster! Thanks everyone for your input! Facinating - just as many for the frizzle as the EE. Oh - and my husband said no way on more hens - and he works really hard so I can stay home and embarass my teenagers full time...so I need to respect that!!!

I have to agree with Baymule... keep both as long as things are peaceful. No hurry. I myself always keep 2 roos... a Top Roo and a Second-in-command... but I also keep enough hens for both. Ideally more hens would be the solution... but I gotta respect your respect for your husband's feelings and opinion... for me things always go better when I consider and respect what my husband says... best way to do things. I, too, was blessed to have been able to be a full-time wife and mom! Also, pray about it and I'm sure it will become obvious which one should stay! BTW... they are BOTH beautiful boys!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom