• Araucana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cottagechick

Songster
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Thank Goodness for Backyard Chicken Forum...Where else can I take five pictures of an EGG and post in online and not get carted away to the nuthouse? I know it isn't the Polish or the Aracauna. It was sitting by the door of the coop when I opened the door this morning.....My Araucanas are four months older than the other girls...who were hatched 08/29. I can believe that they weren't the first to lay....

I haven't voted yet because I need a little more info. But it comes down to Polish or Silkie. How old are they? Any squatting? Big combs?

I thought that the Polish laid white eggs...that is why I counted her out.....Yes the Silkie is squating. The Polish...well she has been getting bigger wattles...Maybe more pictures are in order....
big_smile.png

Haha!

I've heard of Polish laying cream eggs. That's kinda the color it looks to me. Really light brown. Or do the pictures wash it out?

If they are 25-30 weeks, I'd probably guess silkie. It's around the right color for a silkie- but they lay later. What's their age?

I would guess the silkie also. Looks like the eggs my fluff balls lay.

Last edited:
ummm....162 days...errr 23.14 weeks...uuuhhhh... 5.785 months....I think it might have been sometime in the late summer....about.....August 29 that that hatched...(but I am not counting. or anything...)

Last edited:
OK Here is the most unlikely candidate...You have just about got me convinced....since she squatted for me twice already today...and none of the others have ever done that.... I just can't believe a silky was the first to lay....

Here is the Polish that was mentioned...she is definitely not squatting in fact I was having trouble getting her to stand still long enough to snap a picture...

Here is the girl that I thought would lay first...in one of their favorite hang out spots...

Back
Top Bottom