OK girls...tell me what you would do if your DH did this to you!

Quote:
OH yeah and you men folk KNOW we are like elephants and elephants NEVER forget!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

LOL oh yeah, this guy will have to sleep with one eye open for the next ten yrs.

AL

When women say "a bet's a bet," we're clucked at and called "old hens"... but when guys say "a bet's a bet," they're "manning up."

Just sayin', I was raised with 2 brothers, and fair is fair no matter the gender! I don't care if a man or a woman won the bet, the person who lost has to "man up" (or "sac up" as they said at my college... the girls would joke about "oving" up, like ovaries) and hold up their end of the bargain.

Enjoy those rabbit cages girl! You won fair and square!

Thank you ThreeBoysChicks!
I agree because I KNOW if I was the one that was wrong he would not only make me pay up, but he would tease me about it forever.

OH and for the guy who is being kind of mean spirited with his posts about Men being so smart and such...my only question is what does your wife think about your "Modern and liberated" opinions about gender equality?

Quote:
This is true. in general, a vaccine protects against viruses, usually by providing a killed or attenuated version of the virus into the subject so that the subject (in this case the chick)'s own immune system can create antibodies against it. That way, in the future, if the chick comes into contact with the virus, it already has the immunoglobulins to fight off the virus, so it doesn't get sick.

The medicated food is medicated with antibiotic, which prevents against bacterial infections. This will help if the chick comes into contact with a bacterial pathogen, then the antibiotics can kill the pathogen before it can build up enough numbers to make the chick sick.

Humans get all kinds of vaccines when they are young, but still need antibiotics when they get sick with bacterial infections. Taking antibiotics cannot negate the effect of a vaccine, since the two work on very different organisms.Many people confuse viruses and bacteria, but they are not even in the same kind of group. bacteria are living cells, where viruses are usually just bits of DNA with some legs (metaphorically speaking).

You're dear husband should have known this from basic biology class... you clearly knew this from your real life and educational experience. I think he needs a basic bio refresher course. You can send him to my intro bio class that I teach at the Uni.- I won't even make fun of him in front of the other students
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
This is true. in general, a vaccine protects against viruses, usually by providing a killed or attenuated version of the virus into the subject so that the subject (in this case the chick)'s own immune system can create antibodies against it. That way, in the future, if the chick comes into contact with the virus, it already has the immunoglobulins to fight off the virus, so it doesn't get sick.

The medicated food is medicated with antibiotic, which prevents against bacterial infections. This will help if the chick comes into contact with a bacterial pathogen, then the antibiotics can kill the pathogen before it can build up enough numbers to make the chick sick.

Humans get all kinds of vaccines when they are young, but still need antibiotics when they get sick with bacterial infections. Taking antibiotics cannot negate the effect of a vaccine, since the two work on very different organisms.Many people confuse viruses and bacteria, but they are not even in the same kind of group. bacteria are living cells, where viruses are usually just bits of DNA with some legs (metaphorically speaking).

You're dear husband should have known this from basic biology class... you clearly knew this from your real life and educational experience. I think he needs a basic bio refresher course. You can send him to my intro bio class that I teach at the Uni.- I won't even make fun of him in front of the other students
wink.png

The medication that is in all the chick starters I've seen is not an antibiotic. Amprolium is a preventative against coccidiosis.

Last edited:
Vaccines are also made against bacterial infections, DPT being one. All three, diptheria, whooping cough and tetsnus are bacterial infections.

I don't know what vaccines are given to chickens, and what happens with medicated feed.....but my guess is that the medication to prevent cocci is an antibiotic.

WARNING!!!! You may not agree with what I'm about to say!!!!

That's hilarious...absolutely hilarious. Ya'll say that coccidiostats are NOT antibiotics until it's used in growing broiler birds. All of a sudden, it's an antibiotic and is causing antibiotic resistance...go figure! lol

(Told ya you might not agree...)

ETA the warning. Thought I'd give everyone a fair shot of not reading my input.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom