ok need plan advice

lifeofpaine

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 11, 2013
Ok. We are WAY behind. Our chickens are 11wks now. They have been sleeping in a dog house at night and having full reign of the back yard since 6wks old. They are getting close to laying age and we NEED to build a coop and run. We are renting our house so it cant be permanent but I want it to be sturdy and safe. We have 5 Delaware hens and where I live, they require 2sqft per bird. So I need a 10sqft (minimum) coop for them.

We are kind of on a budget, we dobt want to spend more than $200-$300 on everything (coop and run) ideas please. My husband works 80-90 hours a week, so im going to ask my neighbor for help in the construction but I need to pay for the materials obviously

I'm sure you will hear from some very creative people here very soon. I'll just throw out an idea or two. Can you get some wood pallets. You can do a search here about using wood pallets. Playhouses too if you can find one. Good luck to you
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

We made our coop from recycled pallets,only had to spend money on paint,insulation and 2 sheets of ply wood. Glass shops are a great place to get large pallets.

Thays awesome! My husband used t I work at homedepot. He may be able to get pallats from them

Back
Top Bottom