Ok really! WHO IS SICK OF IT?! ~UPDATED!~

Prisserbabe

Songster
8 Years
Jul 8, 2011
The chicken coop
I have waited for 5 months and 1 week and NO EGGS! Come on girls I am literally going outside EVERYDAY and no eggs!
he.gif

I have been patient but now I need some eggs! I have been kindly asking my girls for some eggs soon but none! nada! zero! zilch!
So come on girls!!! Give me my eggs!
barnie.gif
! Who is with me?
duc.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif

~UPDATE~ Hi everyone! guess what!!! I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!!
big_smile.png
it happend yesterday and it was so pretty i will post the pic of it later!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
just be pationt
they will lay when they are ready then youll get a whole bunch so many you wont know what to do then all of a sudden to slows down and youll be angry in that aspects
sad.png

34 chickens and i barly get 1 egg a day
sad.png

for got to mention is been really cloudy here so im thinking a nice heat lamp light would wake those chikie butts right up
smile.png

Last edited:
I can aggonize and sympathize with you!
th.gif
We have 5 Speckled Sussex and one Partridge Rock that are over 6 months old. Out of all of them, at best, we get 1 egg every other week! I don't believe the Patridge Rock has ever laid one. The others, well...it's hard to tell I guess. We got one little egg the other day. But it had been about two weeks since the last one. I have to buy store bought eggs today as well!
sickbyc.gif

The average for most production chickens is the 6 month mark.
Birds that are from good breeder stock that are known to develope slower can take up to 8 months or longer before they lay their first egg.

Sign that the girls are getting close is their combs n wattles turn bright red like a rooster, they will start squatting, practicing the egg song, and showing more interest in checking out the nest boxes.

I still have three from a flock of nine who aren't laying. They were 28 weeks yesterday, making them about 6 1/2 months old. But I am getting a good amount of eggs from my other girls, so the waiting game isn't as torturous as it was about a month ago.

Quote:
:O thats horrid! :O lol

tell me about it im sooo angry i culled 7 already (they were over a year old though
tongue.png

on a good note i just found out i have all female ducks and they lay great for me LOL!!!!!
ya.gif

Last edited:
I'm sick of everyone asking me when I am going to have eggs more than I am of not actually having eggs from our girls yet. Some people, particularly a few co-workers, are driving me NUTS!!! I've told them since the day we got the chicks that there isn't even going to be a chance for eggs until mid/late-November or early December, and yet the same people ask about once a week or every other week if we got any eggs yet.
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom