Ok, so I guess I shouldn't go to the feed store alone, cuz look!

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
big_smile.png
Well, I went up to the feed store all alone to pick out our guineas. I got 5 whites and 5 lavendars because they were all out of pearls and purples.
roll.png

But then I saw THESE and couldn't leave them there. What kind of person would I have been to just leave them there? So soft and sweet. Look at them eyes! AWWW! I mean, look at them! Oi....I'm in love!
big_smile.png

Gettin to know us...
ChickenDuck12weeksold043.jpg

Exploring outside...
ChickenDuck12weeksold046.jpg

Meeting the goats...
ChickenDuck12weeksold051.jpg

Their very first swim...
ChickenDuck12weeksold055.jpg

Diving for Dandelions...
ChickenDuck12weeksold065.jpg

Anywho, the kids have named them DuckDuck (to go with our ChickenDuck! lol), Aflac (Had to!), DarkWing (Duck...for all you OLD people! lol), and Gus Gus (the cute mouse from Cinderella).
tongue.png
They are all Pekin ducklings, and they are 4 days old (hatched Tuesday).

And of course, here are the new 10 keets (baby guineas)...

ChickenDuck12weeksold092.jpg

ChickenDuck12weeksold091.jpg

ChickenDuck12weeksold089.jpg

I think I need help. I have an addiction. The DH and I sat on the deck tonight talking about how we'll need more land by this time next year, and what we intend to do with it! lol We have a neighbor that is selling his property (12 acres, with 2 barns, 1 stable house, 1 HUGE chicken coop, wonderful pond stocked with Koi...Oh, and a 4 bed/2 bath house to boot...) for pennies, and we've known him for some time. DH thinks we can get it for a steal, and we're considerin a move within the year! Means more chickens, ducks, geese, and goats for me, plus, a few horses! YAY! I LOVE my DH!
wink.png

Awwwwwwww they are SO sweet looking!

Thank HEAVENS there is no feed store near me!

Good luck with your ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE new babies!! And give ChickenDuck a kiss for me, and tell him no need to worry about losing a fan.

Lol Chelly, I'm with you! Good thing my local feedstore only carries the few I *gulp* already bought. I'd be in trouble with a selection like that! Look at those cute little beaks! And those Guinea keets are cute, too. LOL!

Will you folks be keeping all of your guineas? How loud are they? We have 2 acres, and I'd love to get one or two at some point in the far distant future
smile.png

-Meghan

Oh MY!!!! Look at all them Babies!!!!
ep.gif
They are so adorable!! I am so glad that there isnt any feed stores aroud here that sell chicks!! I would be in soooo....Much trouble!! He he hehe he!!!

I sure hope you are able to buy the new place! sounds like a dream!

The guineas are louder than chicks/chickens, but from what I understand, they aren't that bad. The babies I got sound kinda like crickets chirpin!
wink.png
Like chicks, they are louder if they are cold, etc. Weird thing is they like to sleep on their tummies with their feet stretched out BEHIND them looking like road kill!
tongue.png

When they grow up I am told they are not normally noisey, unless something is "amiss". I will let you know how true or untrue that is!
big_smile.png

Aww! Congratulations on the new babies!!! They are adorable, and of course, how could you just leave them there???
gig.gif

And your DH sounds so sweet!! As does the deal for the place next door!
clap.gif

hahaha they are pretty nuts is something gets into their yard but they are great. I grew up next to a farm that had them and you can hear them from a decent way off if they get scared. Their regular noise is not obnoxious though and you learn to tune them out. They will however make a huge racket if a predator is around.

Your new babies are precious and I envy you.

I would be working out a deal with the neighbor ASAP, how coo is that acreage with a pond and barn and coop. What I could do with all that. Good luck with your plans.

Oh my goodness HOW CUTE!! I would be in huge trouble too if I saw those little cuties for sale.....
lol.png

Have fun with your new babies!

Ummm... youve come to the wrong place if your looking for help on your addiction!
lau.gif

I don't trust myself at the feed store either. Im actually surprised I came home from an auction empty handed
ep.gif

You sure have some cuties there!

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom