Ok this ad irritated me

It's not the dogs faught. Just saying.
idunno.gif

I didn't to mean to offend. Everybody was talking about the breeder and the poor dog is just being used for money and really just needs a good home.

Quote:
Maybe, but isn't it better than allowing it to starve, or pitching it out on the road? At least they are trying to do the right thing if they don't want it anymore, and that's more than can be said for a lot of people. I gave away a duck because he wasn't what I wanted for breeding, and he is now with a nice family who planned for him and will provide him with a nice place to be, with kids who have other poultry and understand his needs. So I don't know how awful that really is with the dog.

I do not see anything wrong with it. At least the person is trying to find it a home and not dumping it on the street or sending it to a high kill shelter. Someone would love to have a dog like that and I am sure it will find a good home.

I have seen ads selling retired breeders on Craigslist. It doesn't seem right to me either. On the other hand, maybe it is best for the dog. If the breeder has a lot of dogs then finding the dog it's own home with more personal attention would be a good thing.
I haven't figured how to bring it up to hubby yet
hide.gif
but I saw on ad from a kill shelter that has an older rat terrier that was used for breeding and then dumped at this kill shelter when she got too old to breed.
somad.gif
I could see in the pic how her teats were all stretched out. I'm going to call them tomorrow and if she is still there go and pick her up. I don't need another dog, but darn, she deserves better than being put to sleep. That is a REALLY irresponsible breeder.
rant.gif

It's not uncommon to re-home dogs if you're in the business of breeding. If it's not producing, it's costing, no different than any other business, chickens, cows, horses.... I think this is why I failed at being a breeder. Once I have a dog, they stay. Now all my dogs are spayed and neutered.. but they will always have a home with me. I no longer have room for breeding stock! LOL!

Although I have to add that most 'reputable' breeders will use their own website, or breed specific ad sights, or breed rescue to re-home a dog. Generally when our breed is found on craigslist etc.. we send in a complaint to the site and it's removed. Generally breeders who use that kind of method to sell dogs are very looked down upon by other breeders etc.. so it's generally highly discuraged.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom