Ok this ad irritated me

Breeding dogs responsibly is very different from breeding livestock. A responsible breeder likely already has dozens of contacts-people who own puppies, people looking for older pets, breed rescue contacts. There is NO reason a responsible dog breeder would have to advertise a retired dog like this.

Quote:
I agree. One look at the posts on the Fugly Blog will tell the story...some of those people could surely have stood to put some ads on Freeshare or Freecycle before they became hoarders and animal neglecters. Somebody has to breed purebred dogs or there would be none left; what are they going to do with a bunch of old retired dogs?

And I frankly still don't care whether someone adopting a baby is going to get burned no matter where they look...I'm a big believer in getting the word out as much as possible when looking for or looking to relocate something. I'll bet they've tried the papers already and were looking for places where no one has advertised before. Word of mouth just isn't going to cut the mustard for most people...it could be worse, they could have put the ad up on the bulletin board in a bar somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom