Okay, Here's The Plan!

Wow!

Yes, I had to get rid of two roosters because they were way too rough with the hens.
I kept finding clumps of feathers with blood. :(

-The Angry Hen

Yeah, they were nasty roosters.
One attacked me and the other attacked my Dad.

Never getting roosters of that breed again.
BA's actually, they hate my BO hens.

My Delaware rooster is the one that NEVER attacked me.
He can be over frisky with the hens at times but never like the BA roos.

-The Angry Hen

Yeah, they were nasty roosters.
One attacked me and the other attacked my Dad.

Never getting roosters of that breed again.
BA's actually, they hate my BO hens.

My Delaware rooster is the one that NEVER attacked me.
He can be over frisky with the hens at times but never like the BA roos.

-The Angry Hen
My BA rooster attacks me on the regular ... after enough 'training' he's down to about once every two weeks when he has 'the urge'. But he LOVES those girls and watches them carefully! Don't really care what he thinks of me so long as he's good at his job!

Attacking me is 'okay' ... attacking hens, blood and feathers, etc ... also okay ... for stew!

Lol. Yeah, when it gets to that point..Ugh...I wouldn't use them for meat, but I throw them in the woods. I have three back there!

I had the nasty one outside overnight one time,
I was deciding; "Sell? Trade? Those poor new owners! Keep? Put in woods?"

I woke up that morning to crowing...Yuck...I walked the dogs carefully, he was perching on the tractor! He was a wicked rooster, his eyes were scary too!

-The Angry Hen

Lol. Yeah, when it gets to that point..Ugh...I wouldn't use them for meat, but I throw them in the woods. I have three back there!

I had the nasty one outside overnight one time,
I was deciding; "Sell? Trade? Those poor new owners! Keep? Put in woods?"

I woke up that morning to crowing...Yuck...I walked the dogs carefully, he was perching on the tractor! He was a wicked rooster, his eyes were scary too!

-The Angry Hen
Aww, c'mon ... don't toss them in the woods to freeze or get eaten by predators! If he must go, out him down humanely and don't waste the life! Even a tough bird makes a good stew if simmered long enough, or at least pet food!

Lol! But hey,
I ain't gonna eat a rooster that nasty!

My version of 'humanly' is grabbing him by the neck and throwing him in the woods,
every time I drive past a house in my town I see three big black birds, I assume that's their new home.

Funny story, it was a cold rainy night, my Dad and I walk into the woods... A wet rooster of ours (nasty one) was dripping wet in the grass!

I even threw a hen in the woods!
Trust me, I won't eat them... I couldn't even look at them without cringing.

-The Angry Hen :p

Either way, humanly means nicer than not. They'd have a better chance in the woods then in my stomach, it would be humane for them, but not for me.

That's what I mean, even though I would hate to 'kill' them, not with my own hands. If I had to kill something like a bad person, I had no choice or doubt, BAM it's dead. if I had to kill a chicken, I had a choice. Unless it was deadly, my choice is no.

I am sorry we don't agree, still friends? :)
As much as it was nasty, I rather not know if it dies. I had a hard time throwing that one in the woods. My Dad wanted to. He was the sweetest baby. But as time went on, he changed.

-The Angry Hen

You really shouldn't throw them in the woods,they would likely just suffer out there,and also be killed,maybe even get caught and survive,but will not recover,just suffer.Culling or something would be better.

Back
Top Bottom