OKay, I am starting to have my doubts - anyone wanna guess the breed?

Thanks again to all for the great input! So far, we have no color on the earlobes...but of course I don't know when that develops - if the little boy's comb and wattles already have some color, should his earlobes be getting it at the same time, too?

OKay - guess I have a few more weeks to wait! Thanks again for all of the good info! They are both very sociable chicks - fly right up to the top of the crate to see us when we come in the enclosure...

OK - the "lil peepers" are 7 weeks old now and it's official - we have silver leghorns
smile.png
Just got their "big chicken" run finished today and the first thing was "UP!" good thing we put wire over the top of the enclosure. Little Mr. Man flew right up and perched on top of the coop. I have noticed that Leghorns are described as "flighty" quite a bit and I'd say that doesn't BEGIN to cover it!
wink.png
Their departure from the "baby pen" we'd set up became imminent once they had figured out how to fly AROUND the top we'd wired to it by squeezing through the one tiny gap-LOL! Fortunately, that pen was inside another enclosure, so no harm, no fowl (sorry - really bad pun but couldn't resist) I will try to post more pics in the next few days...meanwhile, hubby has decided that he will build them a perch to roost on much higher than what originally intended.
lau.gif

Update! 'Lil "Mr. Man" (aka "George") has started TRYING to crow! It is sooo cute! Hubby says it sounds like a rusty gate hinge - LOL! They are just 8 weeks old and I hope the roo up the road that likes to crow at 2:30 am doesn't teach him any bad habits...

Back
Top Bottom