Okay that was random and somewhat painful

gudrin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
Minnesota
So, I just woke up, got my slippers on and headed down the stairs. I've done this a million times without trouble. Heck, we've had half the stairs cluttered with stuff to go up before (they're now clean), and I've never had any trouble. So why was it today that I fell down the stairs?

Yup, my foot didn't land far enough back on the tread and I went flying. Luckily I was hanging onto the railing or it would have been much worse. I just have some rug burn and my big toe on my left foot is throbbing. My husband came running when he heard me fall and then just sat there and stared at me for a couple of minutes! Lovely to know he could help me.

Actually he was scared I broke something in my body and he would have to take me to the doctor. When a woman comes in with random pain and a possible broken bone, they don't look to kindly at the man bringing her in. How would he explain, "She fell down the stairs." without looking really bad? Even my corroboration (sp?) wouldn't help much.

If this is the way today is starting maybe I should go back to sleep. But on the couch, so I don't have to do the stairs again.

Feel free to laugh, because I'm laughing now. What else can you do in a situation like this?

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

You know falling down the stairs is NOTHING....

It's the falling UP the stairs...That's where the real talent is....
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I've fallen down our stairs ONCE....I stopped counting how many times I have fallen UP them.....
(I trip on flat surfaces too....lol)

Somedays it's worse than others....
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
I am so sorry to hear this! Do you think you broke the toe or just jammed it real bad maybe?
Soak the foot in real warm epsom salts water for the next couple of days and maybe it will help ease the pain.

I made the mistake of putting on my bicycle racing shoes BEFORE heading down stairs to go for a ride.

They are verry hard plastic soles with only the clip cleats at the toe.
I skiied all the way down and out the front door and landed in a pile on the porch.

The funny thing was I still had my helmet in one hand and my gloves in the other.
DW thought I just ran down the stairs really fast and out the door.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's just jammed. But of all the days to do that! I have plans to get a lot done today, and a hurting toe isn't going to help. That and I had to put a huge band aid over the rug burn on my arm so my daughter wouldn't touch it and say, "Mommy hurt?" ad infinitum.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's done something weird like that. I'm still chuckling because it's just so random!

Maybe I should start watching out for 17s instead 13s. My husband forgot some stuff for a meeting he has tonight and he called to see if I could bring it in to him. I'm not driving 15 miles just to drop off a briefcase! He's going to call our neighbor who has to be at the same meeting to pick it up on his way into town. All this after he left for work late this morning (not my fault either! He didn't keep track of time!) and almost put his truck into a carved out section of the road because the sunlight made it so he didn't see the warning flasher.

I think I'm the lucky one! I get to stay home where things should go somewhat normally. And I get to plant seeds with my daughter!

Hmmmm... it IS St. Patricks day. Did you perchance have green beer for breakfast? That could explain the falling down...
big_smile.png

From one klutz to another, I'm glad you are okay.

Quote:
I am so happy I am not the only one that has mastered falling UP the stairs. I managed to do it weekly. Granted the right ankle is basically fused and doesnt bend and that "helps" a lot.. but still. One of these days I am going to seriously hurt myself

Hope you don't end up too sore!!! I don't currently have stairs but when I did I claimed I went down on my rear more than my feet!!! LOL HAD to go to the ER a few times, too, and YES, they always accuse your hubby. Every single time! My poor hubby. LOL

Back
Top Bottom