OKAY What is this a faverolles ?

hcppam

Songster
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Beautiful Big Bear Mountains
I bought 2 marans yesterday and the woman I bought them from showed me around and pointed out her new salmon faverolles chickens.. I'm new at this chicken thing, and there were so many chickens in this coop didn't know what she was pointing at, anyway the very next enclosure she says; see that's a salmon faverolles pullet, do you want her? No really don't have the room. She went on "I really don't want her for breeding she is not a good example of a faverolle, don't think she'll be around here long." Okay thinking she was sending her to the big chicken coop in the sky, I took her, (in another post got her home and found her to have an impacted crop, worked on her all night better today.) I started looking up info and pic of SF here and she looks more like a mahogany faverolles mut if anything to me. What do you think and is there any hope she will feather out into a half decent faverolles, if that's what she is.
idunno.gif
think I put this under the wrong heading?
89513_100_0688.jpg

89513_100_0689.jpg

Last edited:
How old is she? Salmon roos look similar when young. I also know of one hatchery that produces pullets with a lot of off colors.

Back
Top Bottom