***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Thanks for the thread Robin. We do have a pair of peafowl but I haven't yet let them free range. We got them back in July. One of the kids left the coop open once & they got out, catchig them was a fun family adventure. Shocking how well a peahen can camoflouge herself in a briar patch. Planned on moving the peafowl into a big pen we have been working on by the barn this weekend. But found 2 pullets with watery eyes in the chicken coop by the barn so not moving them down to the barn yet. Want to make sure there are no cooties!!!

Wish the guineas would go after a hawk. They just yell at them! Love the guinea pic you have.

Jarvis-- when they take a bird they swoop down and pounce on it -- then swoop back up. Pretty fast. Sometimes they don't even leave feathers behind. Pretty amazing to watch, until you realize they just took your bird! Fat Louie alerts the girls when he sees the hawks. They take cover and he puffs up big. The hawks will swoop back up. When the younger ones are out they don't seem to notice the hawks or the Roos warnings.

Last edited:
Quote:
I watch him all time, of course none of our birds are ever out of thier pens unless they are going in the car to a show or being dipped etc. We don't allow any of them to free range. But is nice to watch teh hawk take snakes and mice away.

Hello..lots of chatter the past two days. Gorgeous day outside today...paying for it now.

Kassaundra...glad to hear you are better. Tachycardia is a bummer....dealt with it for years.

MIL is still in the hospital and is doing somewhat better. Bone scan was "just arthritis" which was a relief. Still getting therapy on her back and still needs periodic iv meds for pain. Can't go home until the pain meds can all be oral. Getting treatment for ulcer like symptoms as well. She is in much better spirits. Thanks for all the prayers.

Carl...will email you so you can send me your article on parasites/remedies.

Quote:
Eh I got off work early and caught a nap. Sneaky suckers, those naps. You have to pounce on them when they ain't lookin'.

If I caught a Nap I would never sleep at night, been popping up at all hours as it is..

Back
Top Bottom