***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
Canning is apple pie fiing, apple syrup & apple butter. Think that will use up all my apples. If I find some more on sale I will make more apple stuff!

I've bunje corded dog food, groceries, bottles and all kinds of stuff to mine, boxes of canning jars would be easy... I even got a 15% discount at a meat market once for getting so much on my bike, that was a sight.

Quote:
It's real easy just ask steph how to make appple jelly, it will be syrup... I used the first batch on pancakes it was quite thin and never did set up but it was soooooo good.

I cheat when I can stuff!

The apples will go in the crockpot tonight so apple butter can be made first thing in the am. As it is in the water bath I get the apple pie filling on the stove. I double everything in the recipe but the apples. After it cooks down I ladle the apples into the jars then I am left with lots of syrup base! Water it down to how we like it & now I have my apple syrup!!!!!

Apple syrup will be the teachers gifts this yr I think. It is SO yummy & since I cheat you find small pcs of apples in it too!!!! We eat it on ice cream & pancakes. The apple pie filling goes on pancakes & ice cram too-- and apple crisp, cobble, pie or even all by itself.

I can't get dh to strap jars down, but he did offer to go get my sisters car to get me more jars. I don't NEED the jars but since walmart marked them down I WANT them. Don't think anyone returns jars to me, but I do go to my sisters house & retrieve them a few times a yr. I don't expect to get jars back from others that I gift. But my sister usually ends up with a few cases worth of goodies each year. No complaints-- she will even buy ingredients so I can make an extra batch of relish, salsa or whatever for her house.

Quote:
Kind of sounds like the opposite of my first batch of gravy. I had seen my mother make gravy for breakfast so I thought I could do it.
We had just gotten married so I thought I would surprise my wife. Did I Ever!
lau.gif

I believe we used what was left (most of it) as a front porch step. You could stick a knife it and it would just stand there.
he.gif

Well I finally got it right and can whip up a mean batch of gravy now.

30285_farm_5.gif

Quote:
Canning is apple pie fiing, apple syrup & apple butter. Think that will use up all my apples. If I find some more on sale I will make more apple stuff!

I've bunje corded dog food, groceries, bottles and all kinds of stuff to mine, boxes of canning jars would be easy... I even got a 15% discount at a meat market once for getting so much on my bike, that was a sight.

James has tie downs and bungee cords in his saddlebags.
lol.png

Quote:

James has tie downs and bungee cords in his saddlebags.
lol.png

they are essential, we considered riding to a few of the auctions on occasion but decided that carrying a bird in a saddle bag might get us turned in.. I realy would not want to clean the bags after that either... That would be too much trouble, but I do tote everything on my bike that most would use a small car or even a truck for... Ever tied on 3 50lb bags of feed? and still put groceries in the saddle bags? I have to tell you some folks will look at you alittle odd.

Back
Top Bottom