***OKIES in the BYC III ***

gig.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
You cannot have my job... That is reserved for me, as I cannot find much else to do these days and I need some purpose in life.

I had to sit through a conference call a little bit ago over information that I'd already been trained on in May. So... I painted my nails while they yapped.
lol.png

DH does have nice hard saddle bags & a bag on the back of his bike, but all the gear he has on hand for work fills them up most of the times. He usually has to have a change of clothes, including boots (the boots take a lot of space) plus his laptop & whatever else he lugs around. Makes it hard when the Army gear fills every bag on his bike. Plus he has a backpack! He keeps saying he wants one of those really big bikes, I tell him those are grandpa bikes. We sold my bike before we moved out here, since I never rode. Think he may have a buyer lined up for his bike, if so he will get a newer one in the spring. His is a 98 with LOTS of miles on it.

I can't imagine taking the bike to a chicken sale! Would be some major limitations. In Korea they will strap stuff on their bikes that is taller than the rider. They use a thing that looks like a high back chair, without legs. Amazing what you will see someone tote on their bike!

I am done with my chores until the kids get done with cheer practice. Then will be scrambling to get last minute stuff done, like help the girls find their coats that they were suppose to unpack during fall break. Think they might be cold wearing a hoodie tomorrow.

Was debating on trying to cover up my melons. Picked a few yesterday since the vine was damaged by some critter. They looked as if they should be ripe. Cut them open & the seeds inside are starting to turn darker, they smelled pretty good, but they were still green, think they need another week or so. The chickens still love them, even if they are not ripe.

Settin in okc va med center waitin on appolntment and catchin up on internet. I got me a few pairs of lahores to start playin with again. Boy have i missed them. They are pretty missmarked, but i can make them work. Lahore pigeons have always been my passion. Now that i am an area where ther is other pigeon breeders it is much more fun to raise pigeons. Being able to go visit others loft and look at others birds is half the fun of raisin any thing, be it pigeons, chickens, etc.

Old Cowboy, I really like my Modena pair a LOT. I got them from Michael at Mary's. I've had the supplies to make their pen for a month since I got them and what with birds getting sick I never got it made. They're living in a huge wire dog crate in the baby turkey's pen. And they are NOT impressed. I drew out a different design this morning while doing water changes on the fish tanks. All the stuff is sitting right outside the back door and I'm just getting ready to cut the pieces. They're hilarious the way they strut around with their big ole' bellies stuck out lol! How many do you have? What are you going to keep them in?

Afternoon all. Been busy today,built a deck on the front of my shed. The only shade we have in the afternoon is from the shed wich faces east. So now I will have a cool shady place to sit or work in the afternoons and on cold sunny mornings.

Got my first icelandic egg today! This is going to be horrible because I am not going to want to eat them at all. I want to set every one I get! Going to be a ruff winter waitingI'm afraid.lol

Good deal on the lahores cowboy. Hope all goes well at the dr.

So no poop there we were this afternoon....DW and I were cutting up some trees into firewood that I had cut down a year ago, and as I was cutting one end...an opossum ran out the other! Guess it will have to find a new home now. Crazy thing was that it was next to one of bird runs.

Back
Top Bottom