***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    anyone entering the pryor show, you have until saturday to get your entry in the mail!

remember they have to be postmarked by th 11th of feb.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Anyone Know of a good place to buy shipping boxes for adult poultry?

thanks.

3. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    As hatching/brooding season is fast approaching I would like to remind everyone to please make sure your heat lamps are well secured.

The clamp type lights can and do slip and have been responsible for fires on more then one occasion. Using a light chain either bolted or wired to the light will make it much safer to use and easier to move up as the chicks get older.

4. mefordz

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    rocks, packed in such a way as to hold the bank back and not let it wash out.

if you dont know what your doing, like me, you end up with a pile of rocks.

5. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Here is the site for the Horizon boxes, hope it helps.

http://www.hm-e.net/

6. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

You be liked a whole lot better if you could pick out an egg for a rooster and one for a hen from those show quality eggs out of show quality birds from some other breeder.

The rocks. Had three tinhorns rocked in...took 6 semi loads. Was still a lot less expensive than concrete buttresses on each end. They brought in the heavy equipment for the job. He is a bridgebuilder who works with ODOT and used those specs.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. mefordz

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

so true, i quit useing heat lamps, and started using 2 outdoor flood lamps. almost as much heat, and the chicks cant peck and break them, or shake water on them and break them.

and if your crazy like me, i even put a line voltage t stat on them, and it actually worked right on a decent day!

sometimes i amaze myself!

8. poultryand bees

poultryand bees ~Drives a Magic Poultry Van~

Feb 4, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You have found a wonderful group of folks who either live in Oklahoma or wish they lived in Oklahoma.
    Disclaimer: There are some folks who post on this thread who are addicted to hatching poultry, attending poultry auctions and otherwise acquiring poultry. Since addicts tend to be enablers, we try and assist you in the acquisition of more poultry than you currently have room to house. In fact, some of us may try and persuade you to do things "our way" which is acquire first and worry about housing for the new acquisitions later. [​IMG]

You indicate you are looking for Silver Laced Wyandottes. Where in Oklahoma are you located?

As a purchaser, I like PayPal because my payment information is stored and buying things is easy - don't have to dig out a credit card each time. As a seller, I liked that there wasn't any danger of getting stuck with a bad check.

The only problems I have ever heard regarding PayPal were when someone wanted their money back and PayPal didn't give the seller the opportunity to challenge the reason for the refund, before taking the money back out of the seller's account. I don't know if PayPal then holds the money until the challenge is resolved, but if it is returned to the buyer it is gone, gone, gone.

9. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Thanks Carl!!

10. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Originally Posted by Okla-doodle-doo [​IMG]

WElcome Jon! Tell us about your chicken hobby! We are all just plain folks who love our chickens and love talking about them. We also like other critters too!

I have some questions maybe someone can help me with. Anyone have a paypal account? Is it safe? Is it easy to set up? Is there a lot of work to maintain it? How do you put money in or take your money out? Since I started selling my hatching eggs everyone wants to use paypal for quicker service. Is it really quicker?Thanks for any info.
    I used paypal for years. Then I found out that they would not let you use their service for buying firearms on line. I decided that I would pay for items in a differant manor after that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by