***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Box full of fluff coming home to go in the brooder.
    [​IMG]

2. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Cute...even the nekked necks.

3. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Looks like a good assortment of bantams and heavies ther cowboy. Nuthing cutier than chicks!

saw this ad in Bowling Green ,Ky craigslist. I can transport in june if ya need me too!lol

Due to a move I am closing my loft. I have Giant Runts, Black and white Lahores, Modenas, German Modenas, Old German Owls, Fantails. I will ship at buyers or birds may be picked up in Glasgow KY 42141 Please contact by phone or text at 270-308-5265 fir prices and availability.

4. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma

I'm glad you mentioned that, that'll be good info to have when mine get here lol
    Nana, the Cochins are the cutest of all lol!!! Reminds me so much of mine last summer.

5. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Cowboy, those are some awful cute babies!
    Do you keep water in your foam incubator when you hatch with it? I only had 1 hatch and did a dry hatch, didn't add a drop of water til lockdown. But I don't know if that was the right way or not.

6. NanaKat

The Mottled OEGB pair Gnger and Fred gave us their first egg today!!
    [​IMG]

The eggs gathered today. Ginger's egg is in the upper right: Small, medium, large and extra large eggs. Of course hers is the extra small.
    [​IMG]

Diameter comparison to an extra large Australorp egg.
    [​IMG]

Length comparison
    [​IMG]

7. Been playing with my new bugs LOL I have one female that's about to pop I'm sure she is going to deliver any time now, I think they are really cool, I wonder how many adults are needed to maintain a productive colony, of either type, I have also been working on getting the incubator going I got a 12v power supply and it should run the small fans in the bator and the hatchers so should be ready to start eggs in the next couple days I just need to rethink brooders since I've used the plastic tubs for bugs that I would have placed the chicks in,

8. NanaKat

I use a 6 x 2 x 2 water tank. For a lid, I use a retangle made from pvc pipe with a piece of 1 inch chicken wire wire tied to the pvc frame. I use a 2 foot runner rug to cover part of the top to hold the heat from a suspended heat lamp. It can be adjusted to allow more air flow . The Lamp can be raised or lowered to adjust the warmth. Just slide the cover back and forth along the tank to have access to food and water at each end. Holds a lot of babies and they have plenty of exercise room.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  9. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Im pretty new to the foam bator thing. First hatch was poor due to fluctuatuing temps. Think I have that fixed with the blanket. I am keeping water in mine. How did your hatch dry come out.

10. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Didnt you mean especially the naked necks[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by