***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Are they a flying breed?

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Last night was mostly psych, and people who go by ambulance to the ER several times a week for _______________ fill in w/ whatever nonsense you can think of that a normal person would never call an ambulance for ( eyelash in my eye at 1:00 am, my tooth hurts, my big toe hurts it has been hurting for 3 months, I need an asprin, etc.....)

There are always the odd, funny, crazy calls. Let's just say I will never stop being amazed at what people put and where they put things that have to be professionally removed.

One guy I'll never forget wore socks on his hands so having an inquiring mind I asked "Why do you wear socks on your hands?" Honest to God this was his answer ..................... "It is to remind me not to chew off my fingers ANYMORE." After which he showed me all 8 fingers had been chewed off to the second knuckle, and both thumbs to the first knuckle. So appearently socks are a better deterent then pain, squirting blood, crunching bone????

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    ok, that would save me alot of work- so as far as the wood goes- permeate it with poultry spray ? before putting new litter in? i am so frustrated losing that beautiful boy to something that should have been taken care of earlier... yeah- i feel awfully guilty over it...

4. muesky

muesky Got Peacocks?

Hi Everyone!
    I have been lurking for several days but just have not had time to really post or much to say. Have not gotten home before 6:30 all week and am just trying to make it through the day.

Robin, sorry about your rooster. He was a handsome boy.

I would really like to go to the Pryor show but not sure I am going to make it. I have to get the breeding pens set up ASAP. Still looking for LF cochin roosters. Think I am order from a hatchery. Welp hatchery sells LF cochins and they sell bourbon red turkeys so I maybe ordering from them. When I do if anyone wants to order with me they are welcomed to.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

5. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    [​IMG]This pair has a White and a Yellow.....

6. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

Spent the last 12 years in law enforcement up to little over a year ago. Yes, people call about some of the dumbest stuff and most of the time it would be the same ones over and over. I always liked going out to assist emt runs. Got to see some interesting stuff. I took lots of pictures at most fatal wrecks. My thought was some day would put a slide show together to show young drivers in school like they did back when I was in school. Had one wreck where the guy got decapitated. I told my son about it and some of his friends. They didn't seem to think anything about it other than Oh them would be cool pictures. I decided to forget the whole project then. Todays youth see so much of this on TV and video games, they don't look at things the same as back 40 years ago.

7. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Looks good

8. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    I am not sure, do not think so......

9. Cjarvis

Cjarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Robin,
    If you will remove the birds from the wooden coops, spray heavily with a mixture of either permethrin or malathion (1-1 1/2 oz per gallon) two days in a row and then again at 5 days you can get the mites out of the wooden coop.

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    That is true about the youth's response today, I don't know the answer to getting through to them, except maybe tighter parental control. Just b/c they are legal to drive doesn't mean they HAVE to. Most of the fatal wrecks I've worked over the years haven't been teens though, I'd say 75% involved ETOH.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by