***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Cjarvis

Cjarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    You can make them solid wire with the 1x1 being sides and top a floor of 1/2x1 with poop catch trays if you want them stacked, they are really quite simple just using a 2x4 and hammer to bend the wire where needed, and the little crimp J-clips to join the bottoms and sides. Then put the wire on for the front and back using J-clips as well.

2. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma

It is all put together but I haven't finished painting it. I did frames for the hive body & will have to do more later when they are needed but they take up too much room to put them together now.

3. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Asked this last night, got no responce. Has anyone heard from GotGame?

4. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011

Kass,
    I would have to agree, on the Prental control, it seems anymore kids are set down in front of video games and TV and left to thier own vices. Parental involvement and proper discipline is critical with kids, without these two things the world is going to very dismal place.
    I feel as though everything the kids get to do is a priviledge not a right, and they know thats how I see it here. They earn what they get and will appreciate later in life even if they don't like it now, when they are 30 they will understand.

5. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Amen to that Carl

6. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011
    Nope... Heard he was selling some more stuff though.

7. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Once POCO figures out what she is interested in, I may be interested in the manual extractor.

8. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma

9. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Carl won't she have to do follow up after that?

Robin the cheap hand pump sprayer work great for this.

10. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    That's the way you used to have to do it with Sevin dust. Nowadays you can just use Frontline or Eprinex and be done with it. It spreads through the oil glands on their skin and keeps lice and mites off for 3 months. Although I feel better putting more drops on them every few months.
    I don't think it's mites she's dealing with-Robin, what makes you think it's mites and not lice?

I seriously doubt your Silkie boy died from mites (or lice). *All* birds have e. coli (that's the infection I fought last fall). When they become sick from something else or stressed (new home, shipping, etc) it overtakes their system. Honestly-my guess is that's what happened to him. The lice/mites are just secondary.
    Keep in mind-lice and mites are *different, have different life cycles. With Lice you don't even have to bother treating their sleeping area-just Frontline or Eprinex. With mites you DO have to treat their bedding. I'll shut up now. I just hate to see you stress over something that's so very simple to treat and prevent.

Vebi, those 2 birds are gorgeous! What kind are they?
    I wish pigeons were tame in the way my Serama is. He's the sweetest tamest calmest bird I've ever known.
    ROFL!!! Kass, he wore socks on his hands to "remind" him not to chew off his fingers??? lol OMG I feel so flippin' SANE when I hear this stuff.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by