***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    what i am thinking at this point, is to replace the wooden cages on the porch- they have a wooden base, and frame, but if mites are infesting it, i am thinking to go completely with metal, for my silkies, and other banties- i am so frustrated with the mite issue, i don't have that problem with the large flock- the diff being they are in a metal shed coop, so that must be the difference

2. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Robin when you are dealing with mites you have to treat every 7-10 days to get rid of them, that would be treating the bird and the coop/run. Then you can go to a every two week, then to a monthly treatment. Once you have them you will still have them with metal. Until you manage to get rid of them they are there.

Feel free to correct me if this statement is wrong.

3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Good morning all, although for me it's just a continuation of last night. [​IMG]Muskogee was hopping all day and night, seriously thought we needed to crop dust halidol (or any other sedetive / mood enhancer / anti psych med of your choice) over the Gee last night.

Ksane eating lunch at 6:30 wasn't my choice!!!

Nanakat, sorry about your husband's friend, it is sobering when someone close to your age, or in you social group has something serious like that, especially w/o any obvious risk factors.

I'm home, but it is cold and dreary here (and I am exhausted) not sure if I will do much of anything except get caught up on the DVR.

4. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Sorry you had a rough night in the Gee~ Glad I was home in bed!

I was hoping with the weather this board would be alittle more lively.

5. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Kass what kind of runs did you get last night? Bet you see some interesting stuff over around there.

6. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Sooner have you got your bee houses put together?

7. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Poco, I talked to my friend. He has 1- 4 frame extractor that turns by hand. 1 -2 frame extractor hand crank also. 1 big extractor. I think he said 44 or 244 frames, cant remember I have seen it and it is big. Also has electric knife, a 4o gallon honey storage vat and various other bee stuff. If you are interested holler and I will take some pictures of it this weekend weather permiting.

8. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    that is not even funny.

9. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    Bought two pair. Thought they were pretty.....

[​IMG]

10. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

[​IMG] Very pretty, are both pair red?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by