***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Just a two days till the poultry swap. I can't wait.
celebrate.gif

Also, I finished my cool rabbit colony. Check it out>>>

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18288&p=1

Cool hoog! Glad you are coming to POOPS! Give me the first names of the people in your party and I'll make you name tags. Sooner is handling the sign-up sheet for food...I think we still might need a couple of hamburger buns...

Hi everyone, i have a friend looking for SILKIES! He would like a few pullets or chicks to raise up as setting hens, if anyone has some at a fair price let me know, or bring them to Poops and i will pay you for them and take them to him!!! thanks, Lynn

PS, Carla, Joe, and Donnie, if you see this message please contact me i have some questions!!! Thanks, Lynn

That's who I'm trying to get ahold of about the Spitzhauben eggs, her screen name is OKCarla. Like Christina said though, she doesn't check her messages often. Can you imagine? Some people must have lives! Obviously I'm not one of them. I didn't realize she had JG's also. I've debated several times on getting a few of those. So far I haven't decided. But I DO want the Spitz!

My bestie and I are just starting to get more into chickens. We were wanting to know if we could come out to the POOPS event this Saturday and just look around at what you guys have and get some more information about chickens.
Yes!! We would love to have you!!

Sorry I can't remember but they are listed in the members listat the front page of the forum, ask Monty or Carah, i am sure they can help you!!!
Thank you, Greybear23. :)
Carla is okcarla. She doesn't get on much she has adds on Craigslist for turkeys & fainting goats-- they are in Tuttle-- think she puts her # on the ads.
Thank you! I will do a search on CL.
That's who I'm trying to get ahold of about the Spitzhauben eggs, her screen name is OKCarla. Like Christina said though, she doesn't check her messages often. Can you imagine? Some people must have lives! Obviously I'm not one of them. I didn't realize she had JG's also. I've debated several times on getting a few of those. So far I haven't decided. But I DO want the Spitz!

Well if I reach her first, I'll mention the Spitzhauben eggs for you and if you reach her first you can mention the JGs for me.
Deal?
lol.png

I pulled out a few eggs since I am not seeing any pips today. One the egg looked half empty the other was chirping (so maybe some will still hatch). And the 3rd one had pipped but died in the shell. This is a mix of chicken & guinea eggs 4 different kinds of eggs total.
The humidity in the house is at 55% I am certain the rain is drowning my hatch this wk!!! Now the question is how do I take humidity out of the house so I can keep the humidity down in the incubator. The past few wks I have only put water in the cabinet incubators if it gets below 35%. The humidity in the hatcher is at 55%.
In our old house I would use damprid to draw down the humidity in the laundry room. Maybe I need to put some of that in the room with the incubator. I am going to give the eggs until tomorrow afternoon, hopefully a few more show progress soon.

Mitzi how is your hen doing today after her trip to the vet?

Last edited:
I pulled out a few eggs since I am not seeing any pips today. One the egg looked half empty the other was chirping (so maybe some will still hatch). And the 3rd one had pipped but died in the shell. This is a mix of chicken & guinea eggs 4 different kinds of eggs total.
The humidity in the house is at 55% I am certain the rain is drowning my hatch this wk!!! Now the question is how do I take humidity out of the house so I can keep the humidity down in the incubator. The past few wks I have only put water in the cabinet incubators if it gets below 35%. The humidity in the hatcher is at 55%.
In our old house I would use damprid to draw down the humidity in the laundry room. Maybe I need to put some of that in the room with the incubator. I am going to give the eggs until tomorrow afternoon, hopefully a few more show progress soon.
Mitzi how is your hen doing today after her trip to the vet?

Have your turned your AC on yet? Air conditioning dehumidifies. Carl or Les (nnbreeder) know a lot about this stuff...

Back
Top Bottom