***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Not real happy with the new Lincoln County sherriff's office. When Roger called to make a report, he got a token telephone call back and was told if we wanted a copy it would be ready in 5 days.
Hubby, now retired, has been a police officer for 25 years and knows how long it takes to fill out an incident report. He was even warned not to take matters into his own hands.

Roger had to file a report because a crazy neighbor came to the house and threatened to shoot our cattle and tried to provoke Roger into a fight.

Seems the guy can't keep his bull inside their fences....since May. He is currently blaming our herd that we put on the back 40acres over a month ago.
"You didn't tell me you were going to put your cows there. How long are they going to be in that pasture. My bull is getting out every day cause your heifers are in heat. You need to tell me when one comes in heat." For several months John's bull/bulls have been running amuck thru grain and hay fields, in yards, chasing dogs and trying to get into neighboring pastures after cows in heat.

Roger told him he was tired of his lies about our cattle, our fences and to go home and fix his own fences like everyone has been telling him for the past several months. That's when the cussing and threats began.
Well I'll just go shoot your f#*...bull and your #*...cows. When Roger cautioned him about threatening our herd. You gonna stop me...come off that porch and I'll whip your _ _ _ a...

Sad thing is John and his parents are squatting on the grandmother's property since she was put in a nursing home. They moved in two trailers to live in and Pearl's home is vacant.
We did hear from another neighbor that a sherriff's car drove up the drive to the back and honked but noone came out. The sherriff's car didn't come to our home....so wonder why the visit there without stopping to visit with Roger.
Pearl's daughter was married to former Lincoln County Sherrif A. T. Brixey. Wonder if there is a little politics going on even though Pearl's daughter and John's father (her son) never get along.
Life in the country does have a few glitches. We're keeping an eye on our property, cattle, hay, etc. John is not employed and has a record for stealing, lying and mischief. He's 45 and should know better.
There is a big sign at a registered Angus ranch up near Pawhuska.

If your bull is found in one of our pastures you can pick up your steer the next morning.

Build a fence that will keep that bull out of your pasture.... then charge him for half of the cost. It's legal. I would build the prettiest no-climb 8 foot Deer/Elk type fence you could.

There is an old Chinese proverb. " do not try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and it annoys the pig"

People that old are set in their ways and will never change.

For several months John's bull/bulls have been running amuck thru grain and hay fields, in yards, chasing dogs and trying to get into neighboring pastures after cows in heat.

Wish one of them would come running through my yard, freezer is starting to look real sad.

You do realise too that a new law went into effect where a livestock owner has to get permission from a landowner to retrive strays, right?

Last edited:
Quote:
Too I wonder if Roger has any contacts with someone in the OSBI.

I think my next step would be cameras, with sound.
We rebuilt all the fences out here when we moved in. Put in 6 and 7 strand barb wire. All the water gaps have cattle panels and swinging tin. The bulls can't get into our pastures. Our herd bull in that pasture is huge and a gentleman. Doesn't even paw the ground at the fence like our youger bull.
The guy is a nortorious liar and into all kinds of "big deals" incuding moving horses to Mexico for slaughter and transporting farm equipment for a local auction company. Got fired from both.
We posted on Facebook and got a a contact from a friend. She texted the sherriff and he will be coming by to see us tomorrow himself.
Also we have known Jerry Flowers, investigtor for the Department of Agriculture. Sent him a text.
This guy pushed the wrong man's buttons.

Okay I have officially had enough of this day, in addition to my mother passing, my brother and his wife have been taking care of her Gma for several years now, and this afternoon she passed too, and closing up the chickens we found a snake for the first time ever (not that the last thing is anywhere near the other two)
I think this day is officially fired.

Okay I have officially had enough of this day, in addition to my mother passing, my brother and his wife have been taking care of her Gma for several years now, and this afternoon she passed too, and closing up the chickens we found a snake for the first time ever (not that the last thing is anywhere near the other two)

Sad to lose both ladies. My daughter once said about a loss of a friend "God had a plan for her in Heaven". If that is true, maybe He meant for the two to get acquainted.

Back
Top Bottom