***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have not used them so I cannot say for sure, but I would think just above your normal body temp as they incubate at 99.5 - 100 degrees my incubators are much larger and the elements never seem to be hot to me. Do you have a thermometer?
two. both read 73.5. i understand these are fiddly things. I'm just not playing it right i guess. but, i have eggs to hatch so i'll keep trying.

Cathie and Christina-your kids *need* tiny baby roos
lol.png
The thing I hate about Craigslist is waiting around for them, then they call and say they're going to be late then they change their minds before you even meet with them. Craig list sucks for people like me who's worst punishment is talking to strangers :-/

CathieSue-my Little Giant heating element gets HOT. Enough to burn my arm. I guess it has to be hot enough to keep the insides of the incubator warm enough.

I forgot to post the picture of my 2 whites and 2 Brown Red/Birchen Bantam Ameraucanas. The Whites are so amazingly tame, it's got to have something to do with their color. Super lovey. The Brown Red in the back is the one who's beak I trimmed. I swear it was crossed, you can't even tell now. I guess because it wasn't real bad yet.

I have a question for anyone who hatches in a hovabator or an LG. Are the heating coils in the lid supposed to get hot? Mine aren't enen warm to the touch an it's ben on all night. Any help?
Yes, the element inside the lid should get hot. I have to be careful not to burn myself on it if I try and sneak a hand inside without removing the lid entirely.

It sounds like the screw on the top needs major turning if it is only registering in the 70s. I would turn it counter-clockwise at least one full turn, wait an hour and re-test the temperature, then adjust from there.

Our new favorite Egg recipe!!!!

Smokey Egg Dip

12 Eggs- hard boiled finely chopped
2 T Soft Butter
2 ½ tsp- Liquid Smoke
1T Lemon Juice
2t Mustard
1T Worchester Suace
2 drops Tabasco
1 ½ t salt
1t Dried Minced Onion
¼ t Pepper
¾ C Mayo
Combine all ingredients, blend until smooth. Refrigerate 4 hours. Serve cold or room temp. We eat this with crackers, carrots, broccoli, or like Egg Salad.
My husband says it is addicting. My girls & my sisters kids even love this. It is YUMMY!!!!
I went back and found this recipe - again - since I never got it copied to a Word document back in March when Jcatblum posted it.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the background color when you do a cut and paste from BYC to a Word document? The text is fine, but the background color makes it hard to print.

Thank goodness for some rain, according to Mesonet we got about 1.5 inches but that was measured in Inola, I think here between Tulsa and Catoosa we got more than that. If anyone is interested it is an AWESOME resource for weather stats, etc all around the state I use it for my last frost date in the spring, soil temps etc. Even has pressure, groundwater, humidity, and regular weather charts. It has a WEALTH of historic weather and farming related data going back decades. Love it. http://www.mesonet.org/index.php

thanks for the link! looks like i'll be poking around there for awhile-

Back
Top Bottom