***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hope the ablation was successfull.

You sure have had a time w/ stray dogs, sorry about your birds lately.
Thanks Kass, the trouble with the dogs is that they're not strays, they all belong to neighbors that don't each them to leave livestock alone or they don't fence them in when they should due to bothering other neighbors critters, My dogs are trained to leave them alone or I just don't have them Im training the new puppy to protect her flocks and she is alreay safe to leave out among them and she is just under 4 months old.

The Doc said that the area he ablated was not uncommon and the success rate was really good I'm hoping it fixes me and on the bright side since they had an up-close and birds eye view I don't have any plumbing issues no blockages or build-ups so that's good to know and tells me that at least for me eggs are not bad cause I eat a lot of them LOL

I talked to Michael D there is an auction in Newcastle today as always they start taking in at noon and the sale starts at 5pm,, look forward to seeing some fellow BYC'ers out and about :)

Speaking of dogs though...
I've been working with my new puppy a lot around the critters and being aware that puppies are puppies and need chew toys and for a Rottie puppy the chew toys have to be as tough as old tires or they destroy them, a couple weeks ago I was sitting here at the comp and Deru came running into the house and I turned just in time to see her throw something out of her mouth and when it hit the floor it took off running I thought it was a field mouse or small rat so I jumped up to kill it before it got away it was already in my bedroom with Deru in hot pursuit when I reilized it was a hatchling duck, It was unhurt just a bit freaked out and I returned it to its mommy, Deru and I had to have a serious chat about baby ducks and chew toys LOL Now she will lay and watch them file by and not make a move towards them, Mama duck however gives her the serious stink eye but I think she knows her baby wasn't hurt and the puppy isn't out to kill them so she don't try avoiding her :)

Last edited:
Thanks Kass, the trouble with the dogs is that they're not strays, they all belong to neighbors that don't each them to leave livestock alone or they don't fence them in when they should due to bothering other neighbors critters, My dogs are trained to leave them alone or I just don't have them Im training the new puppy to protect her flocks and she is alreay safe to leave out among them and she is just under 4 months old.

The Doc said that the area he ablated was not uncommon and the success rate was really good I'm hoping it fixes me and on the bright side since they had an up-close and birds eye view I don't have any plumbing issues no blockages or build-ups so that's good to know and tells me that at least for me eggs are not bad cause I eat a lot of them LOL

I talked to Michael D there is an auction in Newcastle today as always they start taking in at noon and the sale starts at 5pm,, look forward to seeing some fellow BYC'ers out and about :)
My work has us to take blood work every year and measures lots of stuff including cholesterol, and my cholesterol is no different before the chickens (little egg eating) and after the chickens (much egg eating). I think genetics has a MUCH bigger role in cholesterol then food. I work w/ people whose eating habits are hideous, I eat far healthier then most everyone I work with, yet my cholesterol is worse.

Neighbors preditory animals are hard, I would tend to quietly take care of any problems and deny, deny, deny any knowledge of anything if ever asked, and only for the sake of keeping a neighborly neighbor. It would be horrible to have neighbor fueds going on,, and you never know just how crazy someone is!!!!! or can be!!!!!! lol lol lol

Thought our okie teachers would like this

933915_10200263948789658_167239345_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom