***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Michael, thanks for the info on the Blanchard auction.
Hey, Kass! It does seem slow, doesn't it?? I didn't mean I'd lost many this year, actually just an odd one here and there this past year. It was a year ago that I'd lost so many that I had hatched that summer. For me that was very hard. Do you remember Lillith the huge Brown Red Cochin rooster? lol He has his own yard with Orloff girls, he's a very very sweet rooster and so pretty. Robin, the Blue bantam Cochin I got from you (Mattie) is still doing very well. All that girl wants to do is sit on eggs :)
I'm considering hatching maybe just a few Silkies, I so love how easy they are to take care of and their sweet personalities. My Cochins have such a hard time in the summer. I still have all my Orloffs, those are some tough birds! Common sense tells me to order a batch of pullets instead of hatching. Still deciding.

I concentrating on NN's, I am eliminating the EE, as they age out, just not keeping any new hatches. I hatched out some EE this hatch and the last one b/c my FIL wanted to get some chickens but he didn't want any NN. So all the females are going to him and we are eating the males. I will probably sneek Little Man in the group of girls going to him and fake ignorance! lol lol lol It was my husbands master plan. I'm tying for the most naked NN's I can get, I have Sc carriers (one male and one female) and I am only going to breed the NN that have only a few neck feathers, not any w/ large bow ties. I have a good mix of color and light and dark skin that meet that criteria. Really hoping I'll get some naked chicks eventually.

I am cooking chicken w/ potatoes, onion, and carrots w/ a healthy sprinking of "herbs d'provance" (French herbs). This will be our first time eating dark boned chicken. This bird carried the Fm gene but had normal colored flesh (mostly some splotches of grey, but all the bones are black) It is going to be odd to say the least, hope Gary doesn't have an issue!

Michael, thanks for the info on the Blanchard auction.

Hey, Kass! It does seem slow, doesn't it?? I didn't mean I'd lost many this year, actually just an odd one here and there this past year. It was a year ago that I'd lost so many that I had hatched that summer. For me that was very hard. Do you remember Lillith the huge Brown Red Cochin rooster? lol He has his own yard with Orloff girls, he's a very very sweet rooster and so pretty. Robin, the Blue bantam Cochin I got from you (Mattie) is still doing very well. All that girl wants to do is sit on eggs :)

I'm considering hatching maybe just a few Silkies, I so love how easy they are to take care of and their sweet personalities. My Cochins have such a hard time in the summer. I still have all my Orloffs, those are some tough birds! Common sense tells me to order a batch of pullets instead of hatching. Still deciding.

I concentrating on NN's, I am eliminating the EE, as they age out, just not keeping any new hatches.  I hatched out some EE this hatch and the last one b/c my FIL wanted to get some chickens but he didn't want any NN.  So all the females are going to him and we are eating the males.  I will probably sneek Little Man in the group of girls going to him and fake ignorance! lol lol lol  It was my husbands master plan.  I'm tying for the most naked NN's I can get, I have Sc carriers (one male and one female) and I am only going to breed the NN that have only a few neck feathers, not any w/ large bow ties.  I have a good mix of color and light and dark skin that meet that criteria.  Really hoping I'll get some naked chicks eventually.

Kass, you still have Little Man?? I've got 5 Aruacana girls and no Ara roo, I'd love to buy him from you if you'd part with him. He's so beautiful!

Kass, you still have Little Man?? I've got 5 Aruacana girls and no Ara roo, I'd love to buy him from you if you'd part with him. He's so beautiful!

I would be more then pleased to give you Little man! He is such a good and pretty little boy I haven't had the heart to do anything "drastic" to him. He has a lot more lady manners then this spring!!!! lol lol lol He is low man here so he would love having ladies of his own.

I would be more then pleased to give you Little man!   He is such a good and pretty little boy I haven't had the heart to do anything "drastic" to him.  He has a lot more lady manners then this spring!!!! lol lol lol  He is low man here so he would love having ladies of his own.

Awesome!!! Let me know when :))))) And just pick a place right on I-40 close to you where I could meet you. His daddy was wonderful, I don't know if Joe still has him or not.

Back
Top Bottom