***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Well, we just took the plunge and became goat owners. Oh me, oh my. What have we done??? LOL. We bought a sweet little 5 month old Boer girl from some neighbors and plan to breed her off in the spring. Here we go!
caf.gif
This is me now reading up on caring for goats.

Great to hear some of you are geting some rain...Cant wait tel it cool.s off ..An congrad on your new goat ...Dont have time to get on much but love reading you peeps storys

Nanakat,
Lola, my blue pullet that I got from you at POOPS, is a wild child. She runs around the yard galloping like an ostrich and sometimes jumps straight up in the air. The first time I saw her leap I thought she was trying to catch bugs but I think she is just jumping for joy or is just plum crazy. She is my clown for sure. She has beautiful lacing and is very tall. Samson must be her father. I must get some video of her antics.

Last edited:
Where/What is POOPS?!

So I just wanted to share a quick bit about my favorite chicken, my roo, Mr. Darcy. Ive had this little fellow from around day 2 and he is about 2 1/2 months old now. Ive been letting my chickens out in the yard in the evening for some good scratchin....and he makes me smile some big smiles! I had let them out and then would come out and check on them every so often. And every time I went out to see how they were doing, Mr. Darcy would come running up to see me and would fly up on to my arm. I love my chickens! :)

How big do Easter Eggers or Amercaunas get? I have two, that look like my Barred Rock chicken when he was only 4 weeks old, and they are close to 4 months old now....

Where/What is POOPS?!

So I just wanted to share a quick bit about my favorite chicken, my roo, Mr. Darcy. Ive had this little fellow from around day 2 and he is about 2 1/2 months old now. Ive been letting my chickens out in the yard in the evening for some good scratchin....and he makes me smile some big smiles! I had let them out and then would come out and check on them every so often. And every time I went out to see how they were doing, Mr. Darcy would come running up to see me and would fly up on to my arm. I love my chickens! :)

How big do Easter Eggers or Amercaunas get? I have two, that look like my Barred Rock chicken when he was only 4 weeks old, and they are close to 4 months old now....

there are bantam Ameraucanas, maybe you got a couple of those?

Back
Top Bottom