***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I asked the same thing when I saw Lavender Ameraucanas being shown. It was explained to me they could compete against each other for Best in Variety but could not compete for Best in Breed as they were not an accepted color. I guess that's how you get the word out about a new color variety until you have enough "critical mass" to hold a qualifying meet for acceptance into the APA's Standard of Perfection book.

Un recognized varieties can only compete with the variety but can be and are shown. It is common with the game breeders to have a best Un-recognized so all of the non-standard birds can at least compete each other and outside the variety.
Standards acceptance is a lengthy process for APA, ABA is much quicker and no where near as stringent. Either way the breeders working on the birds must get approval and letters of recommendation from the breed club, write and prepare their own color standard, pay a considerable fee then the standards body sets the show locations (2) and the minimum number of birds, breeders, and exhibitors must be present

Shawnee Show . All show show cages down and stored:
Don,

You guys threw one heck of a party! Thank you and the team for all of your hard work!!!

Kim
clap.gif

I missed those - but I loved the eggs that they made - that was my peoples choice pick...one of those sets of eggs.

Sorry Kass, I have had my camera amputated from its normal spot. NEXT TIME!

Ya Hawks are a big problem in my area, I ended up putting chicken wire over the tops of my runs because the hawks were so bad, one day I seen about 10 circling around , lots of neighborhood cats too but they seem to leave the chickens alone so far.

Ya Hawks are a big problem in my area, I ended up putting chicken wire over the tops of my runs because the hawks were so bad, one day I seen about 10 circling around , lots of neighborhood cats too but they seem to leave the chickens alone so far.

Never had a cat go after a grown chicken, but chicks definately

Back
Top Bottom