***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Ya Hawks are a big problem in my area, I ended up putting chicken wire over the tops of my runs because the hawks were so bad, one day I seen about 10 circling around , lots of neighborhood cats too but they seem to leave the chickens alone so far.
We have had a big tom wondering around for a while. He must be a pet because he looks well cared for and hasn't messed with my neutered female or any of my flock. One day I glanced out toward the coop and saw something that didn't quite fit, I did a double take and sure enough there he was (he's a big guy too) right smack dab in the middle of the flock just chillin! We also found him looking for a warm place to sleep one night, when we went to close up! I'm a little concerned about Spring chicks but so far he doesn't seem to be much trouble!

The two grandsons a are finally in bed and I have my iPad back.....
Yes I posted a few of the Best in Breed and Best in class winners in the Heritage thread this morning. Didn't get all the classes and wish I had. Missed Betsy's Silkies and didn't know about the children showing.... Did get Don's Buff Brahma and Buckeyes and Carl's Birchen Old English.
Would love to see others pictures.

I have several show pics on my phone. Is there a faster way to post them than this?
- I send them to my email from my phone
- take them fro mmy e-mail to my pictures on my desktop
- open a reply page and upload them to my BYC account by posting

Last edited:
I have several show pics on my phone. Is there a faster way to post them than this?
- I send them to my email from my phone
- take them fro mmy e-mail to my pictures on my desktop
- open a reply page and upload them to my BYC account by posting
you could upload them to photobucket, need an account there, you can email them there - then just go there and copy the link and paste it here-

Got a little rest last night and finally feel alive! I do so enjoy the Shawnee event mainly because of the wonderful friends I get to visit with and the new friends I make! I had the good fortune of having wonderful NanaKat and her great husband (Kathryn and Roger) step right up and help me bring my chickens in and set them up almost from the moment I arrived!

I continue to be impressed with chicken people and their children! I'm still struggling with names--can remember faces, but names get confused in my feeble mind!

Last edited:
hi to all my okie friends, I just joined the byc last week and am glad to find people who enjoy chickens as much as I do.

Back
Top Bottom