***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Got 6° windchill and no power :(

BBrrrrrrr. Is the power out all around you or just your home? Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

DGibson. Good Morning. I have more Delaware Bantams in the brooder and there are two broody hens. The buckeyes are laying.getting one egg a day. I'm test hatching some. Hug Johnnie and stay warm!

Last edited:
BBrrrrrrr. Is the power out all around you or just your home? Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

DGibson. Good Morning. I have more Delaware Bantams in the brooder and there are two broody hens. The buckeyes are laying.getting one egg a day. I'm test hatching some. Hug Johnnie and stay warm!

Homes to the north and east of us appeared to be out of power as well. Got call after I left house that power is back on.

Robin, I found the picture of Lillith on the Cochin thread for comparison. He's 16 wks old here.
Nana, I also saw pics of some of your Cochin's there, they're so beautiful! There was a Splash rooster and he was amazing. Man, those Cochin's are such awesome birds.

Had a chick hatch out last night on day 20. A Buff Orpington from what I could see. This morning, two more. One is another BO and the other appears to be a White Silkie.

Hello!
I thought I would introduce myself. I'm new here and new to chicken raising. I'm in south Tulsa. I've been thinking about getting a few chickens for several years and have decided to just do it! I'm trying to decide which type to get and where to get them. I think I would like to have two Plymouth Rocks and two Sussex or Sex-links. Any suggestions??! Also, where to buy locally? Atwoods said they would have some in in 3-4 weeks but I don't know what kind they'll have. I'm looking forward to connecting with local hobby farmers and learning from you all! Thank you for any help you can give me!
smile.png
Welcome Valerie!!! I am also in Tulsa! I am planning on ordering Sussex, but there is very limited availability and it looks like I can't order till March. I go to Lee's Feed at 11th and 193rd. They are ordering their chicks soon, and will be getting them the first week of March. You can special order what you want through them if you would like too.

Also, I 'm sure some one here will give you a better place to get them. :)

Angela

Just a few head shots for fun

Okay I've noticed this (girl?) in a few of your pics now and I HAVE GOT TO ASK what is going on with this birdie?!?!!
ep.gif
She has got to be one of the most unique looking chickens I have ever seen! The coloring and the placement of the feathers is just too perfect!!!! Give her a nose ring and maybe a "chicks forever" tat and send her to a Punk show!

Saw this add for white silkie roos in craigslist....

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/grd/4300145925.html

It says there is nothing there. :(
Here ist he body of the add:

Silkie Roosters - $5 (edmond/Guthrie)

We have two white Silkie Roosters who need a new home. They would be great in a bachelor pen, or with a larger flock. Non bearded boy is 8 months old, high quality bearded is about a year. These guys are very friendly, eat a high quality varied diet, and are fun to have around. We just need to improve our flock ratio. Call or text 9one8. 52zero.0112

Greeting fellow Okies!

I haven't posted much since hubs and I first got our chickies last Spring, but. I hope to become more active here on BYC from now on. My name is Leah and. I'm a 30-something married, mother of three in Cache, OK (Lawton area). I have 8 hens and this year, want to add 7 more to our existing flock. I've been scouring local craigslist adds, searching old posts here on BYC and watching local flyers at my Atwoods and TSC... Hoping someone has some laying hens for sale. Was kind of hoping to find some pullets or young hens already laying.... Have not been lucky as of yet though, so I suppose I'll be ordering chicks in the coming weeks. I'm specifically looking for some EE's, some of the new Olive eggers, a white leghorn and maybe a few rare heavies. If anyone in the Lawton, Ok area has any for sale or knows of anyone looking to sell, will you please let me know? I'd prefer not to buy day old chicks from the hatchery if I can avoid it.
smile.png
Hi Leah! Welcome!

welcome-byc.gif

I live in Tulsa, but my best friend lived in Lawton for a long time and still has family there.

I hope some one on here can get you pointed in the right direction for hens, but be warned, they are very good enablers and they teach chicken math.

Back
Top Bottom