***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Saturday's sale in Coweta was a blast. Both granddaughters behaved well, and I didn't have to bring home a single bunny! I got a great cage for fifteen and some beautiful little goslings (Toulouse), though I'd only intended to buy runner ducks. No fawn/white runner ducks crossed the table, so the goslings are now part of my flock. They are skittish until held. Once held, they snuggle and chatter. What a neat, neat little fluffy, wiggly, warm waterfowl. I hope they are all girls.
fl.gif

Happy Easter! We arrived in time for mass this morning, in spite of having a minor meltdown over not having matching socks. The solution: put baby shoes on without socks.

We took the girls to an extended-family Easter brunch in Tulsa. Over a hundred eggs were boiled, colored, and hidden for this event. The official egg count for "found" eggs was one short of the number hidden. With coffee and dessert in hand, one of the older (taller) adults discovered the last egg nestled in the space between the porch post and the soffit.

Saturday's sale in Coweta was a blast.  Both granddaughters behaved well, and I didn't have to bring home a single bunny!  I got a great cage for fifteen and some beautiful little goslings (Toulouse), though I'd only intended to buy runner ducks.  No fawn/white runner ducks crossed the table, so the goslings are now part of my flock.  They are skittish until held.  Once held, they snuggle and chatter.  What a neat, neat little fluffy, wiggly, warm waterfowl.  I hope they are all girls.

I took 5 goslings to their new home today. I got a tiny one in my batch. It got in the water last night and was not thrifty this morning but I got it dried off and in the chick brooder box and it seems to be doing okay. I built a big cardboard brooder box for the bigger goslings.

Kelly gave me my duck egg hatching news. My call ducks were quitters and 4 out of 6 welsh harlequin hatched and I think 3 are males.

Back
Top Bottom