***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Be sure and order enough of them. I got 6 from them a couple of years ago and they were all drakes
sad.png

Oh no, I was planning on 6, hope I have more success then you did.

Hello!
Okie here. Have had my first hens for six months. Now I have chicks that are four weeks old. Hoping the temps will stay steady so we can put chicks outside soon. Love the BYC!
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png

The new hatch...some banty babies and large fowl...That is little Miracle on the left He gets to stay with the newest banty babies because he is still just their size.

This morning's sunrise....the bull pen and the equipment

I think this plum tree is going to be the first to burst into bloom. The almond behind it is just beginning to have buds swell.

awwww...

Hello!
Okie here. Have had my first hens for six months. Now I have chicks that are four weeks old. Hoping the temps will stay steady so we can put chicks outside soon. Love the BYC!
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png

i've put my little stinkys, um, chickies outdoors at 4 weeks. No heat, just an enclosure with protection from the elements. i have to say they are doing well. nearly all feathered out and very chatty!

i've put my little stinkys, um, chickies outdoors at 4 weeks. No heat, just an enclosure with protection from the elements. i have to say they are doing well. nearly all feathered out and very chatty!

x2. They can go out MUCH earlier than some people realize. Sure saves on the dust and smell in the house!

Found some great plants at PAMS at the farmers Market on Agnew in OKC.
We bought cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower as well as peppers and some tomatoes. The rest I have set seed.
We are acting Like a worried mom whose sons are sleeping alone in a tent for the first time, Little Joe is in the outdoors tonight. Roger took a flashlight out to check on him. Little Joe has to get used to being outdoors at night because we are working towards putting him in the front pasture with a few cows. He comes when we call him for his bucket bottle now so it is on to the next step.

I live north of the metro. I have two barred Plymouth Rock hens about 18 months old. Ive only had them six months. BERTA and Harriet.

I have six chicks three buff Orphintons and three Rhode Island reds. Hoping they are chicks. Guess time will tell. Lol. Still thinking of names. One will be DAISY.

1f414.png
1f414.png
BTW. It looks like I've got two 5 week ish RIR Roos. I can't keep them so any one near the Edmond area are welcome to have them for their flock. *********
1f414.png
1f414.png

Last edited:
Hello my friends,
I've been absent for awhile, but I need your help. I was told years ago we could have chickens in our town and I've had some (no roosters) for years. Yesterday I got a notice that I must get rid of my chickens because it's against city code. My only hope is to get them to change the code. Does anyone have a copy of a city code that does allow a small flock of hens within city limits? I only have a couple of days to make this happen. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Teri

Hello my friends,
I've been absent for awhile, but I need your help. I was told years ago we could have chickens in our town and I've had some (no roosters) for years. Yesterday I got a notice that I must get rid of my chickens because it's against city code. My only hope is to get them to change the code. Does anyone have a copy of a city code that does allow a small flock of hens within city limits? I only have a couple of days to make this happen. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Teri

Oh that is terrible! Start here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/broken-arrow-oklahoma-chicken-ordinance

Back
Top Bottom