***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I showed my husband this and now he wants to breed this feather less mutation into the cornish rocks! Hahaha... such a man! Doesn't help he is a butcher and always thinking about cuts of meat!
wink.png

ROFL!

This little one seems to have more feather tufts than Rudy or Frick did, or is that my imagination?

Sure hope your hatch is good!

I just moved 20 quail  eggs to the hatcher that are due on the 24th.

Hello NanaKat:  Is that Bob White Quail?  What do you raise them for?  Just curious. 

They are Coturnix quail. We raise them for the meat and the eggs. I pickle the huge supply of eggs that the females begin laying at 7 weeks of age. The biggest females are kept for laying along with the nicest of the males. The rest are butchered. If you have priced quail in the frozen food section of the grocery store, four on a package was $11.

Kassaundra, That is a great chick! Congratulations on your hatch.

I have been hatching out several eggs to be able to pick my keepers. Unfortunately with my dog attack, predator attack and my neighbor forgetting to water the chicks I haven't had much to choose from and haven't had to deal with this problem. Now that things are going better I have several boy chicks that I don't need. Right now I have about 7 sapphire boys that are about a month old. Anyone have good advice as to what to do with them? Keeping them is not an option and the local auctions are not giving much for boys right now especially since it is getting hot. Sapphires are a cross between a cream legbar and a white leghorn.

Coral, when it gets drier I will give the up and coming boys a good once over, looking for carriers. They are young so plenty of time. I have a grown boy that just might be a carrier, I'll have to check him out at night w/ a flashlight, his is second roo so he looks pretty bedraggled, Shakespear rarely lets him forget "his place"

Thanks Kassaundra. I catch myself looking for Hercule when I am bringing in each free-range group. My head knows he's not there, but my heart misses him.

If you are drinking anything, put it down now.

Dude. It's cold. Shut the door!

What a cutie : )

I have been hatching out several eggs to be able to pick my keepers. Unfortunately with my dog attack, predator attack and my neighbor forgetting to water the chicks I haven't had much to choose from and haven't had to deal with this problem. Now that things are going better I have several boy chicks that I don't need. Right now I have about 7 sapphire boys that are about a month old. Anyone have good advice as to what to do with them? Keeping them is not an option and the local auctions are not giving much for boys right now especially since it is getting hot. Sapphires are a cross between a cream legbar and a white leghorn.

Send me PM. Thanks : )

I have this dark splash silkie cockerel that looks like he's going to be super nice. Hesitant to sell him but he's related to all my other chicks, so I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested in him :) I think he was an April hatch. located in south Broken Arrow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom