***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Shelley Lynch down in Checotah is getting a poultry processing plant up and going. I'm not sure where her website went, it didn't pull up on google, but she has a facebook page for their place. They've been doing some "test processing" this month so hopefully soon! I know a friend of mine contacted her and they arranged to run her birds as one of their test runs so she may be able to do some now but I know by summer they want to be running full steam.

https://www.facebook.com/3fspoultryandrabbitprocessing/?fref=ts

EDIT: found the website: http://www.3fspoultryandrabbitprocessing.com/
This is perfect. I've been looking for awhile for a processing plant. The location is good for me as well. I live quite aways away fro Checotah but I have family in the area. I'm a couple of months out from needing the service but I'll contact her and see what size runs she prefers. Right now I'm planning 100 birds. Thanks for the info!

It's windy here today. I gave the free-rangers a handful of floating catfish food as a snack when I went to check the new capons. Here's Leon, my gift rooster from Mitzi. Has anyone heard from her lately?

Cute, and no I haven't even seen her on FB in quite a while.

yes. There's not often a happy ending to something like this. Thanks for the name suggestion.
1f60a.png
And the turkey nest that was "rehomed" was accepted by the hen, she's been working hard at sitting!
highfive.gif

I can't really tell what color it is. I've gotten a blue or silver partridge (it's only a few days old) and another light color (the chick was trampled right after hatching) from a white cockerel in a pen with two paints and a silver white showgirl. The rooster was the one I bought from Jean when we were at her place. They've not hatched any others so far. I've been told that white can be like a lab coat that is put on over regular clothing, thus hiding other colors. Of course, it's also my understanding that whites that have had only white in their background for many generations are pure white.

I think paint is still not clearly understood, so there could be something from that mix.

Looked in the incubator and the 3/23 hatch started last night...about half are already popped.
Will wait until this afternoon to open the incubator hatch trays to move and toe punch the chicks.
So I'm not sitting on my hands, I'll work in the garden today and clean the quail cages.

I can't really tell what color it is. I've gotten a blue or silver partridge (it's only a few days old) and another light color (the chick was trampled right after hatching) from a white cockerel in a pen with two paints and a silver white showgirl. The rooster was the one I bought from Jean when we were at her place. They've not hatched any others so far. I've been told that white can be like a lab coat that is put on over regular clothing, thus hiding other colors. Of course, it's also my understanding that whites that have had only white in their background for many generations are pure white.

I think paint is still not clearly understood, so there could be something from that mix.

It's a mystery!

Someone on facebook suggested he was maybe splash partridge, that the splash gene (double blue gene technically) mutes out most of the patridge markings. Totally plausible. I don't have room for another project pen though to test breed him and find out so he's probably going to have to go to another home.

@BetsyOK what color is this boy??? I only have two pens, BBS and paint/white. I THINK it came from the paint rooster but I'm not sure. Thought it was a paint or splash baby when it hatched but has really started coming in with color. I could be misremembering what he looked like as a baby. Off color blue? Is this champagne? I think he's about 3 1/2 months old.

Edit: The pictures don't capture his color well. In person it is like a brownish blue.

Looks to be porcelain to me.

Back
Top Bottom