***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sorry about that Jrjoplin their cannabilistic nature is upsetting when they turn on their own.

I don't get "alerts" on much right now hope it clears up. They took away the easy way to see just the threads you comment on (which is where I usually went)

has anyone noticed an increase in snakes since the big flooding we had? we had one in the house, then the duck nests got raided and last night almost lost a roo to a snake in the coop, thank goodness the guinieas gave alarms

Sorry about that Jrjoplin their cannabilistic nature is upsetting when they turn on their own.

I don't get "alerts" on much right now hope it clears up. They took away the easy way to see just the threads you comment on (which is where I usually went)
Look in "watched threads" at the top of the page. It shows all your subscribed threads.

I'm hoping for a hatch with some extra roosters as the freezer could use topping off and I'm down to 1 capon who I affectionately call Thanksgiving.

If you were closer I'd donate a few that I've been to Lazy to put in the freezer

And welcome back to the New BYC everybody

We lost a tree and a security light....easy fixes with no other damage.
Snakes are moving to higher ground so keep your eyes open. Found two 6 foot snakes in the garden (a Black racer and a King snake) this morning. Moved them to the back 40.

After the power failure before my trip, hatching numbers are down on this hatch...so far only 14 out of 45 have cracked out of their shells...one is a star-gazer and is isolated in a cup with a few drops of Nutridrench.

We lost a tree and a security light....easy fixes with no other damage.
Snakes are moving to higher ground so keep your eyes open. Found two 6 foot snakes in the garden (a Black racer and a King snake) this morning. Moved them to the back 40.

After the power failure before my trip, hatching numbers are down on this hatch...so far only 14 out of 45 have cracked out of their shells...one is a star-gazer and is isolated in a cup with a few drops of Nutridrench.
Sorry to hear about losing so many chicks. You going to try to set some more?

I need to ask a question about one of my hens. Her face, comb, and wattles went pale, she lost her appetite, and was lazy for approximately 2 days. I think she also did not lay during those days, but I'm not certain. She seems fine now, color is good, and she's eating and laying. I was wondering what sort of condition would cause a mysterious short-term malaise like that? Most of the information I found about comb color indicated conditions that would generally not pass so quickly, or without some sort of treatment. Just curious what could have happened. I checked her crop, checked her for parasites. Nothing seemed amiss.

Back
Top Bottom