***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
Just hang around, tonight or tomorrow, maybe repost it tomorrow on here if no one responds. The folks on this thread will hook you up....

Thanks for the info, and I love your tag line by the way! Still laughing!

You will not find any good wyandotte eggs fertile for about another month and half. Most LF will loose fertility above 90 to the point they aren't worth setting. I may have a few Columbian LF wyandottes I could let go of if that is of interest but the number will be fairly small as I need to finish some of these birds out for next year for myself.

Ameracaunas should be fairly easy to locate there are several on here with them.

Speckled sussex, your best bet might be Michael Daughtery and he may need to find them for you, he is a great resource for many here on BYC. He can find you just about anything you are looking for just let him know what quality you want as well.

Quote:
Columbian only exists today as Bantam,
I only have Big Cochins, The hens I am willing to part with are as follows: 1 Black about 16 months old, 1 light blue near splash color 18 months, and 1 dark Blue 18 months. I am going to cut my big cochins down a trio through the winter and hatch a few good blues out while I decide If I am keeping them or not.

There should be several with bantam Cochins in Blue around as well as some splash.

Ok, thanks for info. Since my grandkids are small and Cochins are big, I thought I'd better get them the bantams. I'm not in a hurry to get them, and would prefer some that haven't started laying yet, or have just started.

Are the Wyandottes as docile and friendly as the Cochins?

Quote:
Columbian only exists today as Bantam,
I only have Big Cochins, The hens I am willing to part with are as follows: 1 Black about 16 months old, 1 light blue near splash color 18 months, and 1 dark Blue 18 months. I am going to cut my big cochins down a trio through the winter and hatch a few good blues out while I decide If I am keeping them or not.

There should be several with bantam Cochins in Blue around as well as some splash.

Ok, thanks for info. Since my grandkids are small and Cochins are big, I thought I'd better get them the bantams. I'm not in a hurry to get them, and would prefer some that haven't started laying yet, or have just started.

the Dottes and Cochins are the same in temperment and personality, nice quite docile, easily handled, like attention. the advantage I find to the dotte is the lack of foot feathers so ther stay clean easier, and the rose comb which does not get frost bite. other than that same basic body and feather.

Quote:

the Dottes and Cochins are the same in temperment and personality, nice quite docile, easily handled, like attention. the advantage I find to the dotte is the lack of foot feathers so ther stay clean easier, and the rose comb which does not get frost bite. other than that same basic body and feather.

In that case, I would probably rather have the Wyandottes. Do those come in the colors I mentioned earlier - as bantams?

I am currently looking for some cheap or free pallets if anyone has any they dont need. I need at least one side to be real tight, with no gaps bigger than 2 inches, and preferably less. If anyone has any, I could use at least a dozen, two dozen or more would be great, let me know please....thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

In that case, I would probably rather have the Wyandottes. Do those come in the colors I mentioned earlier - as bantams?

they are available in every color you asked for. the Columbian Bantam is a little harder to find around here, there are a few down by Doc and Renia, other than that you will likely be waiting till dec. at the show in Shawnee for the Columbian bantam. Blue isn't to hard to find. I have two Blue Hens I can let go if Amy declines them for her grand daughter, if they interest you let me know this weekend I can let you know for certian by then. The Splash you may be looking a little while but they are around sometimes.

Quote:
I find pallets frequently at the back of the TLC nursery buildings. There's one on Memorial Rd at about Western, I think. They will let you have anything that's back there. It may take more than one or two trips to get all you need, but they have been putting them out regularly.

Quote:

they are available in every color you asked for. the Columbian Bantam is a little harder to find around here, there are a few down by Doc and Renia, other than that you will likely be waiting till dec. at the show in Shawnee for the Columbian bantam. Blue isn't to hard to find. I have two Blue Hens I can let go if Amy declines them for her grand daughter, if they interest you let me know this weekend I can let you know for certian by then. The Splash you may be looking a little while but they are around sometimes.

Thank you. I am interested the two you mentioned. If Amy doesn't take them, let me know. Thanks so much for the helpful info, too.

Saw this ad on Fayetteville,Ark craigslist,a pic with it showed some nice turkens!
Turkins, Road Island Reds, Guineas and Much More! - $8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-15, 7:13PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own several varieties of chickens and birds. Here is a list of some of them.
*Road Island Reds
*California Whites
*Dominiques
*Naked Necks(Turkins)
*Orpingtons
*Polish(several colors)
*Welsummers
*Guineas
*mixed breeds

Chicks and hens are available. Prices will vary depending on what type of chicken you want. Please give me a call (479) 789-0002.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom