***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I swear these birds grow every time I let them go out and "play". They fit in the boxes when here in the house and I take them out and when I bring them back in they are BIGGER!
Those poor little Cochins, I am constantly picking them up cause I think they are standing on and smothering one another, when all it is their foot feathers!
You'd think I'd have those foot feathers figured out after yrs of Silkies.
Man, I bet these are fun in the mud!
Yes, Kathryn I hope this chick turns out to look at lot like daddy, BTW aren't you glad I can now post pictures? I sure am!
Hope everyone is having a blessed day!
Cheryl

Here is picture of "Pearl", another 8 week old Cochin from that bad Nanna,
When you get sick of pics let me know...I'm like a kid with a new toy!

Pearl is dirty from playing, in fact they all look like real ruffians right now.
What a joy for chickens to be able to peck and scratch and roll in the dirt!

Donnie dont envy your schedule. I have hard left house past few months, so I was shocked when my gas tank kept going empty all this month. Try to check BigLots for Monsters. I buy them there for DH & all his Drill SGTs. A while back they had 32oz for $1.50 & the smaller ones are usually $1. Sometimes they are out of stock, but it's because people like me clear the entire shelf.

Hello my name is Olof and I just started my backyard flock this February. I have 2 Easter Eggers, an Australorp and a Buff Orp. You can find photos of them on my blog. I'm allowed 6 birds here in Tulsa and have found out that one of my EEs is a roo so I will need to replace him. I've gone chick crazy and I can't walk into Southern Ag. with out wanting to take a chick home. But what I really want is a Maran for some chocolate brown eggs on top of the color spectrum that I have. I´m expecting 2 Icelandic Chicks in April for the white eggs.

Welcome Olof! Glad to have you join us. We will be sure to help with your chick, chicken & egg addiction, making it very difficult to stay at 6 birds. lol

Nanakat...Do you have any black cochin chicks? Ideally I would like a black roo but pullets would be fine too...just want some so i can get a mixture.

Hello my name is Olof and I just started my backyard flock this February. I have 2 Easter Eggers, an Australorp and a Buff Orp. You can find photos of them on my blog. I'm allowed 6 birds here in Tulsa and have found out that one of my EEs is a roo so I will need to replace him. I've gone chick crazy and I can't walk into Southern Ag. with out wanting to take a chick home. But what I really want is a Maran for some chocolate brown eggs on top of the color spectrum that I have. I´m expecting 2 Icelandic Chicks in April for the white eggs.

Hi Olof! Welcome to BYC! There is a Tulsa thread, too, if you want to take a peek and see who else is closer to you. I breed EEs and Black Copper Marans both, but I sell my chicks straight run and I don't know if you want to fall in love with a chick that may grow into a rooster. Shoot me a message if you want chicks, I have a few left from Sunday and an early Easter hatch starting as we speak!

Rinda

Last edited:
Hey Olof...my girls are in a molt right now, but when egg production picks back up I have a cuckoo maran trio. I will be hatching out some of those and they are fairly easy to sex. so if you want 1 or 2 of them for your small coop, I am sure something could be worked out. I have them for the barring and darker egg color as well. Not perfect conformation but better than hatchery for sure.

you can buy buff orpington chicks @ tractor supply or a feed store for bout $3 that's were I got mine. bought my buff orpington rooster for $10 from man close to me (rooster's 1 year old &out of a show rooster). If looking for chickens just search here . here's my rooster

This is Sunny!

Hey ladies and gents. Can I get some help identifying these chicks? We bought some from Ideal Poultry via Atwoods. While the girl we dealt with was very helpful she was not as knowledgable as she claimed. Being relatively new to chickens we took her word for it.

She claimed that this was a Delaware. (ha ha! Wrong!)

And that this was a Partridge Chantecler.

I've looked up images of Chantecler chicks and come to the conclusion that the top one is possibly the Partridge chick. That still leaves the bottom one a mystery. Any help from the wise chicken sages on this page would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom