***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Shipping Day old requires a hatchery certification, not just the standard NPIP program. Shipping Juvenile and adults requires a Poultry Shipping Box, NPIP is not required for this. Shipping Boxes can be purchased directly From Horizon
http://www.hm-e.net/

They are the only ones that manufacture USPS approved shipping containers for adult poultry.

If you need a single box I could sell you one, I have several here.
They are 1-month old, do I need a NPIP certification? If it's a lot of trouble I may just avoid shipping, I'm not a breeder just have a slight addiction to hatching eggs
smile.png
. This person was from Puerto Rico, too.. I know it is basically an extension of the U.S. but don't know if that comes with it's own set of problems. Thanks for your help!

I don't think Oklahoma has any regulations besides the regular NPIP testing. I haven't had any trouble with shipping chicks in and out with that.
By the way Rinda, I got several healthy, fluffy chicks from your eggs.. I think 10 or 11!

Anyone have any sex links or RR baby chicks or hatching eggs for sale ?? My grandmother is looking for about 50 .

Busy day already. Went with the boys to pick up a limping bull at one of our pastures in Prague. He was breeding a heifer today so we will wait to move him tomorrow. Then got home to check the broodies and one of the Black Rosecombs has two babies out of the shell and three more piping. The other hen is sitting on 6 eggs in a separate pen. Found two of my pullets broodie this morning. Will move both them into a floor pen with no nests in a few minutes. Still have 7 older girls sitting on nests with no eggs....sheesh! All the birds are out free-ranging and on grasshopper patrol. Seems we are having a new crop of hoppers hatching and the birds are getting fat.

For the past several days, I've been cutting low hanging limbs off fruit trees and cutting down 10 foot tall wild sunflowers and 5 foot tall johnson grass out of the garden where I had let them get away from me. Then sprayed round-up on the johnson grass and fence lines. What a hot job. I've also been collecting seed for the cleome and the red sage. the hummingbirds love these and I like to keep seed to scatter in the spring. The spring rains sure have made for a bumper cropo!

Today I'll mow and weedwack the garden and yard again. The boys are working on the haying equipment getting ready to bale more hay.

Hope everyone has a restful day.......

Now I need to go take a nap.
idunno.gif
You just made me tired from reading your post.

Busy day already. Went with the boys to pick up a limping bull at one of our pastures in Prague. He was breeding a heifer today so we will wait to move him tomorrow. Then got home to check the broodies and one of the Black Rosecombs has two babies out of the shell and three more piping. The other hen is sitting on 6 eggs in a separate pen. Found two of my pullets broodie this morning. Will move both them into a floor pen with no nests in a few minutes. Still have 7 older girls sitting on nests with no eggs....sheesh! All the birds are out free-ranging and on grasshopper patrol. Seems we are having a new crop of hoppers hatching and the birds are getting fat.

For the past several days, I've been cutting low hanging limbs off fruit trees and cutting down 10 foot tall wild sunflowers and 5 foot tall johnson grass out of the garden where I had let them get away from me. Then sprayed round-up on the johnson grass and fence lines. What a hot job. I've also been collecting seed for the cleome and the red sage. the hummingbirds love these and I like to keep seed to scatter in the spring. The spring rains sure have made for a bumper cropo!

Today I'll mow and weedwack the garden and yard again. The boys are working on the haying equipment getting ready to bale more hay.

Hope everyone has a restful day.......

Sorry about your limping bull, hope he is okay.

Sorta glad to hear about the garden though (evil I know) it is good to hear I am not the only one who's garden ran away w/ them this year.
hide.gif

Yes, there were just too many irons in the fire to keep up with all the projects this year. We watered in the garden every week and the grass just took off too.

Same here, that, and multiple FIL hospitalizations, gout in my ankle, and a huge amount of mosquitoes! The mosquitoes really got to me

Back
Top Bottom