***OKIES in the BYC III ***

My jubilee orpingtons that I won on rarebreeds came today!!!
celebrate.gif
Won a pair from PapaBrooder and was able to purchase an extra pullet. They are adorable! Hope to have lots of little Jubilee Orps running around my place in the spring!

Rinda

If you ever need an extra roo I have a few extra
barnie.gif
lol

Any body know the ball-park price for you-pick-apples?
I need to know what to offer a lady who has a nice tree full of ripe apples going to waste....hubby can't stand it. He wants me to make contact at least...I think he really has visions of applesauce, apple butter and apple pies.

I called my parents, in Michigan, last Tuesday and my 90 year old Dad was peeling apples for apple sauce. Their tree was loaded with fruit this year and somehow the worms missed spoiling them.
It made me think of another bumper crop about 40 years ago. One early Fall Mom and my Aunt Jan loaded us kids up and headed 6 hours North to see Aunt Peg, the youngest of the three sisters. It was also a great time to see the Fall color in the Maples. Dad didn't go with us that time because crops were ready for harvest. But it rained the entire time we were gone and he couldn't get in the fields. For a week he pealed and cooked apples and put up apple sauce. Those trees, years ago, were some old fashioned variety; thin skinned yellow fruit and really good for cooking. I wish I knew what they were.

has anyone checked thte persimmon seeds for the winter weather this year? here is what ours look like, knives? mean icy??

my two guineas hatched, and mama olivia is raising them- they sure are cute little fuzzballs

No idea on prices for apples. We pick at a friends house in exchange for eggs and apple butter. That's my kind of pricing.

Goats got out today. It was pretty funny. Artemisia went back in the yard easily but Vincent found a tree and ran circles around it from us all the while grabbing mouthfuls of whatever he could grab to eat. He ate several of the Mimosa seedlings from our neighbors tree that we hate so I was thrilled. I don't have to spend time cutting them out now!

Well, we finally started getting eggs!
smile.png
The little Welsummer is the first to start laying and we got 5 eggs in 7 days. Not bad. Now if the others will just start. Y'all might remember that all 6 of our hens are bantams. So, it took 4 of the eggs to make two egg, sausage, and cheese sandwiches for our breakfast yesterday. LOL! Oh well, they sure tasted good. They are just about 23 weeks old now, so we should be getting plenty of eggs soon. Have a GREAT day all!

Back
Top Bottom