***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Just found out my 8 year old needs glasses... we have no vision insurance and money is very tight so I searched back remembering this conversation- so excited to let him look through their selection tonight! It's the only way I can afford to get him glasses right now. The eye exam alone was $125.

Glasses are insanely expensive. I have very poor vision in one eye and bad in the other, since my eyes are so mismatched I have to get the ultra thin lenses, then b/c of my work I need the anti-reflective for night vision and driving, even going to eyemart and getting the "cheap frames" it still costs $400 + for my glasses, and that isn't even w/ bifocals, just single visions. My vision insurance only pays $200 per year for any/everything eye related, so I usually get my eye exam done in Dec. then get my glasses in the first of the next year.

Quote: Just joining in the conversation here, I have had insane migrains for the past week, and just learned why--I am straining to see from certain distances, and glasses are the only cure for headaches. I have some reading glasses that I basically wear al the time right now. Will likely be going to the eye doctor's very soon...

Just joining in the conversation here, I have had insane migrains for the past week, and just learned why--I am straining to see from certain distances, and glasses are the only cure for headaches. I have some reading glasses that I basically wear al the time right now. Will likely be going to the eye doctor's very soon...

I still remember the first time I got glasses, I was 12 and amazed at what I wasn't seeing. I remember seeing that you could see individual leaves on trees. I obviously knew trees had individual leaves but no clue most people could see them!

I still remember the first time I got glasses, I was 12 and amazed at what I wasn't seeing. I remember seeing that you could see individual leaves on trees. I obviously knew trees had individual leaves but no clue most people could see them!

Same here, I was about nine and remember telling my mom, "Wow, the stars really do twinkle!" I think it cut her to the heart. :( I was the oldest so she learned from me and everyone got checked earlier. Ended up that ALL 6 of my siblings got glasses eventually, we are all near-sighted and it is hereditary. Guess Ammon got my eye genes. :/

Hannah glasses are not a cure-all for headaches. I suffered from frequent headaches and migraines all the way through high school and college. They were worse if I wasn't wearing my glasses but still there. Got Lasik surgery when I was 21 and don't regret the expense one second. Still had lots of headaches until I finally finished college. Turned out mine were very much stress related. Between schooling in a demanding degree at a private university and working a full time job I was always stressed. I still get probably 2-3 migraines a year but not monthly anymore. I get a regular headache about once a month.

Also they can be hormone related and cycle with your monthly hormones. Just some thoughts.

True, true. And they aren't curing my headaches 100%. I also get headaches whenever a storm is blowing in. Interesting...

I used to have migraines a lot. I went to an allergist to take care of my sinus problems and he started me on allergy shots. It was several months later when I realized I was not having migraines any more. Do you have allergies? Maybe the storm is either changing the pressure in your sinuses or stirring up allergens...

Just found out my 8 year old needs glasses... we have no vision insurance and money is very tight so I searched back remembering this conversation- so excited to let him look through their selection tonight! It's the only way I can afford to get him glasses right now. The eye exam alone was $125.

That's where I get my son's glasses since Christina recommended them way back then. It's saved a ton of money since teenaged boys are so rough on glasses.
Yup! I remember that feeling well when I got glasses when I was 12 :) It was amazing to me. After I turned about 40 my eyesight reverted to 20/40, my eyes actually got better than average. My dad's did the same when he reached 40. Weird. Now I wear 1 contact in my left eye for close up instead of a bifocal, my right eye is for distance. Your brain combines it and I can see perfect close up and far away with just the 1 contact.

Back
Top Bottom