***OKIES in the BYC III ***

i am new to backyard chickens and want to add some different breeds to my run. Any swap meets or auctions coming up soon in the area? or does anyone have any fertile eggs that they want to sell? i am looking for some rocks, easter eggers, speckled sussexs, brahmas, marans, dorkings, golden spangled hamburgs, or campines!?!?!

What area are you in?

i am new to backyard chickens and want to add some different breeds to my run. Any swap meets or auctions coming up soon in the area? or does anyone have any fertile eggs that they want to sell? i am looking for some rocks, easter eggers, speckled sussexs, brahmas, marans, dorkings, golden spangled hamburgs, or campines!?!?!

What area are you in?

X2. HOWEVER- it is getting very hot. Fertility rates on eggs go way down as does the hatch rate when it is 90+ degrees. It is so hot the eggs start to grow out in the nest box- then you bring them in to the cool house and it kills the embryos.
hmm.png
Better off getting chicks at this time of year or waiting until September.

Hi is there any chicken auctions this next weekend in OK ? Does anyone know if the swap meet in Midwest City is still going on. I think it was on 23 and Midwest BLVD thanks

I just left the auction I got the frizzle. I ended up bringing home my buff cochin roo I took to sell. They bid him up to .55 I was not letting him go for that change so as I was standing in line to pay the black frizzle pullet and black bantam cochin roo came up. Wouldn't you know the frizzle started a budding war between 5 people. One of which was a gentleman behind me in line. I finally won the pair for $10 total ($5 each) I have anxious to get them settled in their quarantine pen tommorrow and my 8 black bantam cochin chicks in the brooder. I stole those at $.75 each.

Woohoo! When they start breeding put me on the frizzle chick wait list :)

I just left the auction I got the frizzle. I ended up bringing home my buff cochin roo I took to sell. They bid him up to .55 I was not letting him go for that change so as I was standing in line to pay the black frizzle pullet and black bantam cochin roo came up. Wouldn't you know the frizzle started a budding war between 5 people. One of which was a gentleman behind me in line. I finally won the pair for $10 total ($5 each) I have anxious to get them settled in their quarantine pen tommorrow and my 8 black bantam cochin chicks in the brooder. I stole those at $.75 each.

Great! So happy you won the bid! Enjoyed visiting with you at the sale! :D

Back
Top Bottom