***OKIES in the BYC III ***

My Brinsea mini came in today! Woohoo!
And, in much bigger news, my son is now enrolled in his first college course! (concurrent enrollment between Norman North and Oklahoma City Community College) Where does the time go and how do we get it back?!?

My name is Joules and I'm a newbie chicken owner.  I live in rural Texas, about 30 miles west of Fort Worth.

:welcome

@HeyBigRhondaq :woot for the incubator. Are you incubating from your flock when it's all set up and ready to go? And wow college classes. He's your oldest right? It breaks my heart to even think about my kids moving out but I guess alot happens between then and now and in a way it's kinda gradual. But I know Ill look back on these days of crazy chaos as the best days of my life, cause I'm spending them with my favorite people in the whole world. Rambling here, he's a senior? Enjoy your last year. Once a mamas boy always a mamas boy....right???? :)

:lau Rudy's a hoot, Kass lol!! Love him.

This really good English Lop breeder offered me too good of a deal to refuse :rolleyes:

So I accidentally got 4 more rabbits. These are the ones with 12" and way longer ears. I'm going to go broke getting all these guys spayed and neutered, somehow there's 11 of them now-jeez. Boys width: 500px; height: 375px">
[/URL]

And OMG! The coolest looking Guinea Pig brothers!! Ashley,your son would love them! They're like teeny rabbits.

Back to catch up now!

oh my to much cuteness  :love

I love the cuteness in the bunny and guinea pigs,  But where did you get the cages?

Nana, They're heavy duty exersize pens I got on Ebay. There's 8 panels and each panel is 31". You can get light duty ones (which would be fine for rabbits and chickens) but I already had these. The 32" tall ones are like $80 (I think) and the 23" tall ones are $50. I had ordered them and rabbit hutches a long time ago for the chickens and never got around to putting them all up. Never thought they'd end up with bunnies in them but they're perfect. And the rabbits use their big hay/litter boxes for a potty so it works really well to put those cheap velour blankets in for them and just wash them every week or so.
I just ordered a 24" tall one with 8-28" panels on Ebay for $22 for the Guinea pigs. You make a "tray" with 6" sides out of couragated plastic that fits entirely inside of it. So for like $34 the Guinea Pigs get a 28" x 7' house! I'm sure they're psyched :-D

:welcome

@HeyBigRhondaq :woot for the incubator. Are you incubating from your flock when it's all set up and ready to go? And wow college classes. He's your oldest right? It breaks my heart to even think about my kids moving out but I guess alot happens between then and now and in a way it's kinda gradual. But I know Ill look back on these days of crazy chaos as the best days of my life, cause I'm spending them with my favorite people in the whole world. Rambling here, he's a senior? Enjoy your last year. Once a mamas boy always a mamas boy....right???? :)

Yes, he's my oldest! I'm excited for him, happy, sad, nervous...you name it!

On the incubator, I may try a few of my own eggs first, but I still have chickens I'd like to collect. So, eventually I'll be buying some!

having some wonderful chicken drama. Buffy is in the quarantine cage for the a few hours until everyone is asleep. They are all fine outside, but if I add Flower to the indoor mix, Buffy won't even let her get to food. She grabs her by the neck Flower struggles until she gets away. She can get away on the perch and everyone is happy, but she can't really avoid Buffy other than there. Is this pecking order stuff, or should I create a separate area in the indoor cage? (unfortunately they can't be in the quarantine cage and the big cage and see everyone. because of the sides on both cages)

Back
Top Bottom