***OKIES in the BYC III ***

@Ashtree Yay! Ducklings and goslings! Your kids are going to have a blast with them this summer. It makes me wish I had started this ten years ago when I could have molded my kids into chicken lovers. :) I do catch my 18 yo son watching the chicks sometimes, but I have to rely on my daughter's friends to guilt her into holding one. ;)

Has anyone heard of a Topaz Crele Orpington? The lady told me it was comprised of blue, lavender, and buff, etc (!?!?!) Kinda sounds like a barred version of a hot mess.

Day 22chicks are still hatching.big problems all of the EE eggs from my new rooster are deformed this is why I changed roo,s.i had same experience last year.

Sad day here. I just candled my eggs (it's day 11) in the bator. Of the 24 dorkings, 6 were blank and 6 early deaths. Of the 13 Ameracaunas... Only one is developing. I really hope I don't loose many more :/

Can anyone confirm these are blue marans? They just look so different from each other. Could the one with yellow on the head possibly be a blue splash?

black in the back on this one.

Rudy did well on his big day out. The children loved seeing and hearing about him. Even the adults were fascinated, especially the science teacher. Gary took pics but very few were in focus don't know if I will be able to use any of them.

Cool! Let's see how good of a momma she is. I'm 99.9% sure that egg will hatch if she sits on it. My ee is my roosters favorite hen and I had 100% hatch rate with her eggs. She makes cute little babies. :)

when I let the chickens out this morning she got off the egg for the first time since Sunday night. I was scared she wouldn't go back into the nest box so I put the egg under Sasha. I plan to give it back if she is setting there when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom