***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Working the filly.
CLSD4112021-2.jpg CLSD4112021-3.jpg CLSD4112021-7.jpg
Brakes, got brakes.
CLSD4112021-11.jpg
Great pic, but don't trust her. She's only had one real ride in a round pen. And it was short.
CLSD4112021-12.jpg CLSD4112021-15.jpg

Keeping a watchful eye on her.
I should've finished her sooner and I could've used her the last 2weeks for the ranch work and gave her mare a break.

I had a bobcat then coons do a heck of a lot of damage last summer/fall. I found the little guy in the drive way on camera in Jan/Feb. We lost one RIR roo on the side walk an hour after DW opened the coop and brought the dogs in to eat. I tried to trap him in the back yard. I can't trap in better places near me because of neighbors dogs. I will use other property and really try this coming winter.
I got down to 5 chickens left out of 30. And 2 that's left are roo's.

I had a bobcat then coons do a heck of a lot of damage last summer/fall. I found the little guy in the drive way on camera in Jan/Feb. We lost one RIR roo on the side walk an hour after DW opened the coop and brought the dogs in to eat. I tried to trap him in the back yard. I can't trap in better places near me because of neighbors dogs. I will use other property and really try this coming winter.
I got down to 5 chickens left out of 30. And 2 that's left are roo's.
Well we found bobcat tracks by the dog water, so that confirms it. Darn things. So tightened up the coops and runs. I don't deal well with these losses.

Well we found bobcat tracks by the dog water, so that confirms it. Darn things. So tightened up the coops and runs. I don't deal well with these losses.
If you free range all day like I do, wait a couple of extra hrs to let them out. And again if you can put them up a little early.
You may be able to leave them in the coop and run for a couple of weeks and find that they move on with no free food. Although it will soon be birthing season if not already and they will stay for months if homed near by.

Bobcats are not hard to trap in a large cage type trap. Killing them is easy once you trap them. Now if you are a catch and release person the releasing can be fun haha.

Finally survived the -30 windchill temperatures in February with calves born in the extra hay we put out. Breaking pond ice was difficult. Now have 29 calves and more to pop.
View attachment 2598518
View attachment 2598519

Only had a drip in a frozen water line to the washer in the garage even with a heat lamp. Easy fix.
We ran out of propane twice thanks to the substitute fuel driver on our auto-fill route who forgot us both times. No loss of power.
Finally separated my Columbian Wyandotte into breed pens and have a week to go before beginning to collect hatching eggs.
Spring is peeking out...
View attachment 2598515View attachment 2598516View attachment 2598517

We found gobs of morels this year. The shaggy manes are popping up now. 😃😃😃

Back
Top Bottom