***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
I find it odd, I am not a fan of lamb and neither are the kids, but absolutely love goat. And I don't dare tell teh kids that there is a goat within 10 miles of the house as they will asking when we could have it.
between Goat, fresh Pork, and beef, we eat very little chicken and have the most of them its kind of funny now that I think about that.

Cowboy those Kos are some pretty birds,I see now why you keep getting more. How is the fertility on those? With the stance of the males it looks like it would be difficult to get good breeding.

Nana I have never tasted lamb,what meat is it most like. I picture it as being like fat pork meat,am I close?lol I'm going to have to try those baked turnips and beets everyone is talking about. Might find a new favorite food. Actually any food is my favorite food!lol.

Are the polish breeds selling good out there? I have been waiting to get some at the auctions here and what few come thru go real high! Thinking maybe that would be a good breed to order next spring and raise to sell.

Ok, y'all were talking about cochins the other day so I've been investigating them. I think I may need some for my grandkids. Does anyone have those available in Columbian, Frizzle Splash or Blue? Bantams would better since the grandkids are small. No roosters though.

Last edited:
Central Oklahoman here - new to BYC. We are trying to locate some chicks OR eggs to buy locally (wyandottes, ameraucanas, speckled sussex). Is there a list of local sellers? Or anyone have any leads?

Thanks!

Quote:
Just hang around, tonight or tomorrow, maybe repost it tomorrow on here if no one responds. The folks on this thread will hook you up....

Quote:
Just hang around, tonight or tomorrow, maybe repost it tomorrow on here if no one responds. The folks on this thread will hook you up....

Thanks for the info, and I love your tag line by the way! Still laughing!

Quote:
Columbian only exists today as Bantam,
I only have Big Cochins, The hens I am willing to part with are as follows: 1 Black about 16 months old, 1 light blue near splash color 18 months, and 1 dark Blue 18 months. I am going to cut my big cochins down a trio through the winter and hatch a few good blues out while I decide If I am keeping them or not.

There should be several with bantam Cochins in Blue around as well as some splash.

Went to the movie's just me an Macy mom didnt wont to see planet of the Ape's...They make all that stuf look real ...
Ben looking on the net at bird's in other state's seen lot's of free one's an not even one reply...
I sent a guy a pm an ask wy he was giving his bird's a way didnt they have a chicken sale he said not that he new of..
Buckguy seen a nice looking grey for free but it was in Sanantone ...
My daughter in lawton had calld earlyer an said it was raining some down that way ..Mayb peach's an doc will get some more Buster an Al an the other BYCers Down that way...

Back
Top Bottom