***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Robin,
So sorry that the "kids" are moving so far away. Thank heavens for cell phones with no extra charge for long distance.

I keep looking at your Avatar, trying to see what it is. I haven't gotten it figured out yet.

Robin,
So sorry that the "kids" are moving so far away. Thank heavens for cell phones with no extra charge for long distance.

I keep looking at your Avatar, trying to see what it is. I haven't gotten it figured out yet.

Get up real close and look. It is a paint horse colt with others in back ground. Very pretty picture. Just real small
gig.gif

Robin,

It took me a bit I was trying to figure out what it was also LOL It's a horse facing kinda away from the foreground

Hiya folks!

Its too cold, and I have things that need done! :(

Guy, I don't have bantam NN. Just some random mutts that happen to be small and express NN. They all have bowties. They're mama is a bowtie NN with barring & white feet. I dunno who the daddy (dads?) are, but I have suspicions. The main one is a small barred cock that has silkie, brahma, oegb, and possibly polish all rolled up into one.

I mailed off my entry for the pryor show. Down to the wire again. Hope I make it in. Want to bring bantam shamo & bantam asils.

How many cows do you calve? Hope they are all old cows that dont need you guys help on these cold nights.

Last year we had 88 cows and 11 first timers calf for us. This year we have reduced back to 58 older cows and 19 1st timers. Those first time heifers were not put with a bull until they were 16 months old and not until after May 30. We then pull them into a lot next to the house when they begin to show signs of calving where we have facilities to assist if necessary. Only had to pull two last year and one of those was from an older cow. We don't usually keep a cow after 10 years of age unless there have been no problems. Then we cull at 12.

I really hate drought years. We culled hard in 2006...anything over 9 years of age and all of our relacement heifers. This year, we took anything 10 years old, any cow with bag issues (nipple shapes we didn't necessarily like), late breed-backs, a couple of extra bulls and all calves. We have been buying Angus and Lim-Flex heifers from registered bulls this year and will hold onto them as long as possible. As long as the hay holds out, we will keep them.

Yahoo!! Blanchard, here we come!! Time to get a few chicks. Gotta get hubby moving again. He's had a pretty rough winter so far and had mourned for our chickens we had to give away last fall. We are building better fences and hoping to remove any perceived threat from our neghbors so we can again have a small flock out back. Hope to see some of you all there!

Kass-no fair! You have no wrinkles at all! Great new picture
thumbsup.gif

I bet I have so many wrinkles because I have 3 kids lol

MUST RESIST,,,,,,,, MUST HOLD BACK,,,,,,,,,,, MUST NOT GET IN TROUBLE,,,,,,,,, OHHHH THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! OH THE PAIN!!!!!!!

SLAM FINGER IN CAR DOOR........ MUST NOT THINK.......... MIND MUST BE ON OTHER THINGS...... MUST MASH FINGER......

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!
he.gif
th.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom